Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Boats General Discussion
Reload this Page >

RC FISHING BOAT ACTUALLY CATCH FISH FROM REMOTE RC BOAT

Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

RC FISHING BOAT ACTUALLY CATCH FISH FROM REMOTE RC BOAT

Old 06-01-2006, 08:55 PM
LVEURBOATS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RC FISHING BOAT ACTUALLY CATCH FISH FROM REMOTE RC BOAT

Saw this on eBayThought it was worth a laugh
[link=http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6062540146&ru=http%3A%2F%2Fsearch.ebay.com%3A80%2Fsearch%2Fse arch.dll%3Fcgiurl%3Dhttp%253A%252F%252Fcgi.ebay.co m%252Fws%252F%26fkr%3D1%26from%3DR8%26satitle%3D60 62540146%26category0%3D%26fvi%3D1]Ebay RC fishing boat [/link]
Old 06-01-2006, 09:05 PM
Vertical3-D
My Feedback: (20)

Default RE: RC FISHING BOAT ACTUALLY CATCH FISH FROM REMOTE RC BOAT

notice those are cheapy boats with half a cheap rc car trans for a real, what a joke, a 12 inch bass ould drag that thing around like it was nothing...but funny yes, he made a bunch like he thinks its the next big thing and hes gonna get rich from it
Old 06-02-2006, 03:43 AM
Justaddwata
My Feedback: (3)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I just love the whole intro -
WESTIN HANLEY LIMITED ADDITION RADIO CONTROLLED FISHING BOATS WITH THE INVENTOR, PATENT AND EXCLUSIVE RIGHTS HOLDER WE BRING YOU THE ORIGINAL UNIQUE NO 2 ALIKE RC FISHING BOAT
I think right there that he has contradicted himself. He has the "Patent" (sure he does) yet no two are alike - so whats he got a patent for I wonder ?? Maybe the name Westin Hanley and the concept of taking an undersized model boat and having a fish drown it
Old 06-02-2006, 03:52 AM
hellya

He has 2 fishing poles....1 attached to the boat and one on the boat to fish from.
If the fish pulls the boat under he can still reel in the boat and fish Thats funny, To much time on his hands
Old 06-02-2006, 03:57 AM
martno1fan

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

this has to be a joke right? over here we use boats to put bait out but to actually catch fish?.it would be banned over here for starters imagine a poor fish swimming arround dragging that monstrosity arround for the next month or so waiting for the hooks to rot .theres not a chance in hell he could land a fish with a model boat, though id love to see him try that would make good tv.it just shows some people will try to sell anything.ive used bai[img][/img]t boats for carp fishing to get my ground bait to the right spot and even my hook baits but as these fish grow to over 40lb even 50 lb id need a real boat to haul one in like that this guys a fool!!.heres how to make one if anyones interested they work great for lakes to get your baits next to snags where you couldnt cast for fear of tangling in some tree or weed.almost forgot to say it can be built from foam or whatever you prefer, i guess it depends on the baits you want to carry and the water your fishing on.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Hf99141.jpg
Views:	250
Size:	36.0 KB
ID:	470335  
Old 06-02-2006, 08:13 AM
tad1384

ive tied a 8' line with a bobber and a worm on to an electric boat and cought fish. It s pretty amusing actually. the little kids love it.
Old 06-02-2006, 09:11 AM
martno1fan

it might be amusing to you but what about the fish? and think what would happen if you hooked something big enough to run with the boat but not big enough to pull itself free?..its very iresponsible to do such things and people who use such tactics ruin things for responsible anglers as they get fishing a bad name and maybe even banned.if you want to catch fish use a rod and line thats what they are designed for.
Old 06-02-2006, 12:06 PM
tad1384

you need to chill out and get a life. nothing bigger than a pound in my pond.
Old 06-02-2006, 12:18 PM
jdoug

...besides, it only takes maybe a few days for a hook to rust out...not months.

Another quite amusing vid I've seen was of a nitro chopper catching a crappie.
Old 06-02-2006, 12:25 PM
martno1fan

no need for that im trying to point out that these tactics can be very harmfull to fish and are bang out of order as a way to catch fish.most anglers work hard and take a lot of pride in catching fish and handling them with care be it for catch and release or for the pot.no need to cause the fish any more stress than is necesarry.as for the theres nothing bigger than a pound well a pound fish would pull that boat round all day long.how do you know theres nothing bigger than a pound in there? ive fished places where suposedly no ones ever caught a fish over two pounds only to pull out a 20 lb carp from under a guys nose .the guy had fished there for ten yrs and was the one who told me there were no carp in the pond so unless you stocked this pond or lake dont be so sure on that one.
Old 06-02-2006, 12:35 PM
martno1fan

a few days is a long time for a fish to be tied to an emovable object when it gets stuck,over here people who uses such stupid ways to catch fish would be banned for life as are barbed hooks over here in most fisherys.what im trying to say is have respect for the fish you want to catch or you will soon find fishing banned by the anti brigade.you think it cant happen your wrong its allready happening over here .they banned hunting with dogs here and the next on theyre list is shooting ,then fishing.weve learnt over here in the uk to respect the fish we catch as we know we are under the microscope all the time.but i guess theres ignorant people the world over who dont give a dam about anything exept themselves and theyre own amusement.
Old 06-02-2006, 10:05 PM
Delinport

Look at the bright side. We are at the top of the food chain.
Old 06-02-2006, 10:19 PM
Vertical3-D

It is definalty a stupid Idea, Now if you really wanted to do this you would need a non-barbed hook and a boat as big or bigger(that means wieght wise also) than a mister darby tug, which could pull two men in a boat, but I still disagree with it, I would only use an R/C as a means to get the bait out, then drop it and fish conventionaly, also I have seen a guy that droped a surf fishing line from a wingo parkflyer, now there is a reasonable idea....
Old 06-02-2006, 10:40 PM
hpiguy

I still find it hilarious that it's a Nikko from Walmart.

Buahahahahaha! [sm=lol.gif]
Old 06-02-2006, 10:44 PM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Nikko might have a problem with this guy trying to patent their boats!
Whatever fisheries department is around the buyer might not like the fine that they could get by trying to use it for fishing, it's a little illegal in most states. We've got bluegill here in Michigan that could sink that boat!
Old 06-02-2006, 10:51 PM
slowstang88

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i have seen a vid of a guy catching a maybe 2 lb fish(i think bass) from a big r/c donzi, it was pretty cool. this guy is a tool though, his setup looks like something cobbled together last minute...but i guess hes not the idiot, somebody has bid $175 on it....
Old 06-02-2006, 11:02 PM
Ron Olson

Did you notice how transom heavy that thing is? One good bite and down it will go!
What did P.T. Barnum say? Yup, got one there!
Old 06-02-2006, 11:03 PM
Vertical3-D

I cannot believe some idot bid on it, yeah i saw that donzi thing, but a dumas donzi is a big powerful boat that could bring in some 10 -12 inch bass and it was a decent looking setup, not an rc car transmission glued to the back of a nikko....just when I thought a nikko couldnt be a bigger *** this guy has to prove me wrong....
Old 06-02-2006, 11:05 PM
LtDoc

Confession time!
I've fished and caught a fish with a model boat. Why? 'Cuz someone else did and I wanted to try it. Certainly don't plan to make a habit out of it. Did I worry about some fish drowning my boat? Sort of, but considering where I was fishing, if there was anything of that size in there I would have been very suprised. Boat is about 2 feet long, fish was about a 1/4 of that, not exactly a trophy. Didn't really know I'd caught anything till I brought it in to the bank. Wish I had brought a camera! Would I recomend R/C boat fishing? Maybe once, but after that, why bother?
- 'Doc

PS - I must need an attitude check. Didn't think/care what the fish thought of the whole thing. Don't really care what the cow in my hamburger thought either. Or the pickle, onion, or tomato. 'Course, I don't listen all that hard either. Wonder if wheat screams right before it gets it's head cut off...
Old 06-02-2006, 11:14 PM
Vertical3-D

well this maybe a bit of a [censored] but i am gonna email the cali. fish and game and see what they have to say...the stupidity has agrivated me...
Old 06-02-2006, 11:29 PM
Vertical3-D

email has been sent to the law enforcement portion of the california fish and game comission explaining the potential danger of it and why its bad, also sent them a link, the ad say sacramento CA, so they should look into it, they will prolly have a field day on that guy....I dont like doing things like that but almost feel a need too sometimes...
Old 06-02-2006, 11:35 PM
Ron Olson

I'm going to have to move this thread somewhere but right now I have to figure out where it will go as it's not gas boat related. Don't sweat it though as I'll leave a link to it in here.
Please watch the language or I'll lock it down.
Old 06-02-2006, 11:58 PM
Vertical3-D

woops, sorry bout that Ron, late night...Id stick it in the general boats thread,
Old 06-03-2006, 04:25 AM
LtDoc

Please call the Oklahoma Wildlife Dept. too. On second thought, maybe you better not. Not that I think I'll be in trouble, just that you may get a sort of 'odd' reaction.
- 'Doc

PS - I'll quit with that.
Old 06-03-2006, 05:47 AM
martno1fan

just shows mate there are fools the world over,like ive tried to say just because you might eat a certain animal theres no reason to be cruel to it!!.fishing to most normal people is a sport thats done for fun not so they can eat the fish although thats not to say we dont eat the odd one.the ignorant comments made by doc just prove my point even more .i guess thats why we need laws and regulations though or god help us all.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.