Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Boats General Discussion
Reload this Page >

Which is the best beginner nitro for rough water?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

Which is the best beginner nitro for rough water?

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2006, 09:25 PM
tbaysal2000

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which is the best beginner nitro for rough water?

I have Villain electric and I enjoyed it in the sea for a little and now I want some more speed. I need a stylish ready to run nitro or gas boat that is capable of:

- Cool and close to realistic looks very important
- 30+ mph
- Max length should be around 1 meter.
- Should handle well on also rough water (sea waves of 30 to 50 cm max)
- My budget is max $400 and this covers everything except the radio control from my previous boat

I actually liked a lot the looks of Kyosho Lamborghini but all reviews are negative. I also believe Vee type is better then Catamaran for rough water.

I can also consider good built electric if there's a 30+ mph due to easier maintenance.

So what is the options for me please???
Old 06-03-2006, 11:13 PM
alex_hockey
My Feedback: (5)

Default RE: Which is the best beginner nitro for rough water?

The shockwave 36 would be perfect for you rtr right out of the box i believe it does around 30mph the flexshaft will need to be upgraded to tho http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...ProdID=PRB2050

take a look on ebay you can get them cheaper new
Old 06-04-2006, 09:56 AM
martno1fan

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

why dont you build one? any deep v hull would be the best rough water boat,also why not go gas you can put a cheap weedwhacker motor in a gas boat to get 30 mph out of it.id say one 48 to 50 plus inches would be about right.i have a plan for one if you want it ,i built one for nitro use and now i want a gas one .gas is more easy to use than nitro,no starting equipment needed the engines have a pull start and they dont break as easy as nitro pull starts.also fuel is way cheaper and the engines are more reliable too.heres a pic of mine mines 36 inches 10 cc nitro motor,next ones gonna be 48 to 56 inches for gas motor aro[img][/img]und 26 to 30 cc.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv62964.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	76.9 KB
ID:	471544  
Old 06-04-2006, 03:10 PM
tbaysal2000

alex_hockey, thanks to highlight that, shockwave 36 actually is a good choice after I made some research. Proboat also came with a Cat, Thundercat but the realism and coolness factor of Lambo is still top notch.

Martnofan, I know I have to sacrifice from something as at this price I can't get it all but I definitely want to have at least some cool looks if not realistic. I also have a very limited time and experience to build aboat so I just prefer to run it and have fun.

My major task is to pass my friends real 12 meter motorboat with 2x400ish diesel Volvo Pentas which makes maximum 30 knots as far as I know. 35 mph is about 30 knots so Shockwave is at the limit. MAybe with a propeller etc upgrade it can do the extra few miles I need, who knows. I think Lambo can't get near this speed unfortunately.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Us54638.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	27.2 KB
ID:	471737  
Old 06-04-2006, 04:44 PM
martno1fan

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

well have fun but i doubt you will get that shockwave to do 35 mph unless you do some big upgrades!!.as for the lamborghini ive seen the full size boat up close and running and wow that was one cool boat and the sound with three lamborghini engines running was the loudest thing ive ever heard in my life.the heli that was following it trying to get it on film could hardly keep up with it it was so fast.by the way the boat i showed is so easy to build honestly but its your choice.