Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

Choosing A Hull

Old 07-10-2006, 06:51 PM
dreadprinz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Choosing A Hull

Hi,

I have a CMB 1.0 motor and I'm about to buy a hull. But I'm having a hard time deciding what hull to get. I'm looking at the 44" Avenger Pro from Aeromarine. Is this a great chose or does anyone have one in mind.
Old 07-11-2006, 12:17 PM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Default RE: Choosing A Hull

I'm assuming that you're looking at gas Cat hulls for the CMB. Check out the Insane or Seaducer Cat's as those two seem to be some of the hot new hulls to get right now.
Old 07-11-2006, 06:20 PM
NJ Georgee
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

im realy getting the hots to build a hull out of fiber glass,The process seems simple except for the plug "MOld"
I would like to make it from clay wraped around a few 4x4s Is this very complicated?I read a process some where how you must put a realease agent on the plug.Do any of you know where I can find imfo on this type of building on line. also for you guys who do your own boats this way,A guy on Ebay who i have in my favorites is selling the cloth real cheap 3 yards of 51" wide for 10.00 any quanity lenghth long as its in 3 yards at a clip. I see this cloth in towers is very expensive little strips and shot ones at that cost 10,00.
Old 07-11-2006, 10:41 PM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

I don't know, I haven't tried it. Today's hulls are more complicated than they look. Jerry at Seaducer has his molds built so they account for shrinkage and warpage. One of my buds that built a Wild Thing took the trim tabs off his and we put a bead of thick CA glue right where the transom and bottom meet as we heard that just that little bit would change the handling. To our surprise, it did! It just shows how sensitive little changes can make in how the boat handles.
Try www.fiberglast.com for a lot of info on working with 'glas and molds.