Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Boats General Discussion
 Gas Outrigger building plans >

Gas Outrigger building plans

Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

Gas Outrigger building plans

Old 07-11-2006, 01:02 PM
jcj

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gas Outrigger building plans

hello , I am in the process of switching back to rc boats, had to try planes (didnt care for it). Well my question is does any body have building plans for a gas outrigger, I'm goin to use either a g23,g260pum, zenoah engine. I seen that marine specialties sells a out rigger kit has anyone tried it, I want a fast playtoy, Not a racer. I am debating between a rigger or a 50" scorpion by Aeromarine. this isnt my first boat, my biggest and hopefully fastest. I had a Dumas Hot Shot Sprint 7.5 , fun but the kb outboard was very tempermental, prob because the nirto I used. Any suggestion on my hull choicesor engine selection, never build a gas boat. [&:]
Old 07-11-2006, 11:00 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Default RE: Gas Outrigger building plans

Outriggers can be fickle machines so if you're getting back into boating and want to go gas, a good mono or Cat would be better choices.
Go down to the gas boat forum and see what's down there. Usually you'll find better quality in gas boats than nitro's but some are made to go only so fast or made for certain water conditions.
I had a 7.5 OB tunnel so I know what you were up against and have tried flying several times. I did manage to get the crashing part down pretty well.
As far as engines goes, the Zenoah 260 is the first choice but now the Sikk is an up and comer. Forget Homelite's and other string trimmer engines.
If you're not going to race, you might want to look at the Forabuck boats on eBay. They're rip-offs of other boats like the Aeromarine but a better choice of colors.
Old 07-12-2006, 10:57 PM
jcj

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yes I had the same problem , flipped all of the time , hit the beach at the local state park (OOPS )
thanks for the info , I will check it out
Old 07-12-2006, 11:21 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Man, I could tell you some stories but won't go into them in here. We really need to get something going in the Off-topic forum.