Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

ESC too much?

Old 08-02-2006, 06:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ESC too much?

I recently picked up a used Midwest ARR lobster boat for a good price. It was equipped with the original mechanical speed control and motor. Although these were sufficient I wanted a little more punch to get out of a dangerous situation. I live on a channel in Long Beach and have to deal with passing boat wakes, PWC's etc. I dropped in an E-maxx motor coupled with an RC Hydros ESC. This setup gave me lengthy scale run time and also the speed I was looking for to avoid accidents and getting swamped. I put the RC Hydro speed control back in my RC Surfer and dropped in an LRP esc. Now I have very little trigger pull on the TX before the boat is up on plane.I can't run the boat anywhere near scale speed, at just a touch of throttle the motor is running at about 60% of full. Can anybody suggest a way to tame the throttle response? Thanks.
Old 08-02-2006, 06:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: ESC too much?

fortune,
I'm not familiar with the 'LRP' ESC so does it have any adjustment to it? Some ESCs do, some don't. The most common adjustment is done at 'turn on' and usually amounts to setting where/what the full throttle will be. Glance through the instructions that came with it, they should tell you.
- 'Doc