Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Boats General Discussion
 how to: anodize your own aluminum! >

how to: anodize your own aluminum!

Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

how to: anodize your own aluminum!

Old 08-29-2006, 06:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how to: anodize your own aluminum!

hey you guys. noticed that alot of you guys (especially you speed guys) run alot of aluminum parts on your boat. found this tutorial a while back on how to anodize aluminum parts, and thought i'd like to share it with you guys.

[link=http://www.warpig.com/paintball/technical/anodize.shtml]http://www.warpig.com/paintball/technical/anodize.shtml[/link]

hope ya'll find it helpfull.
Old 08-30-2006, 07:40 PM

Default RE: how to: anodize your own aluminum!

2 things to take note of..

You should be sure that you have a high air change over rate in the area you are doing the work (Be sure of no dead air spots where gasses can build up) and be sure any air moving device you use is rated for combustable gasses. A standard fan uses an unsealed motor that can cause sparks and ignition of the gasses.

Also it is wise to wear a reperator, face sheild and other protective clothing when working over the tank. The gasses can be very harmful when directly inhaled and any splashing when putting in or removing the items can cause bodily harm.
Old 08-30-2006, 07:56 PM

yes, very true. in another tutorial i have it's recomended to do it outside pretty far away from any buildings.
Old 09-02-2006, 12:58 AM

that's awesome, I'd go the outside far away route, sounds signifigantly cheaper and less likely you running a drug lab in your place(esp aparttment) anyone have a chroming tutroial? I'd love to know how to do that, esp. black chrome.