Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Boats General Discussion
Reload this Page >

Looking for American Enterprise info....

Community
Search
Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

Looking for American Enterprise info....

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2007, 11:42 AM
warp50

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for American Enterprise info....

I recently acquired a Dumas American Enterprise Kit #1213. The kit has been around for a while, in fact it had an original receipt in the box dated April 1984. In looking over the instructions I couldn't help but notice that they are quite sparse compared to the instructions in new kits. (I am presently building a Typhoon that includes a multi-page booklet and a photo sheet). My question is: has Dumas updated the building instructions for this kit to give a more detailed guide for building? If so, is there anyone out there that could get me a copy of the updated information?

Thanks in advance............
Old 03-25-2007, 07:14 PM
NJ Georgee
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: Looking for American Enterprise info....

Ahoe there mate,
Mabey try asking dumas because some of there kits are indeed updated like the PT109.
I found alot of good sites some with help building by using this key words in a AOL search,Model Boats and Parts,Try those search words mabey you might find the site I was looking at it explained various hints and tricks for spacific kits if I can find the site again I will post it for you.
Old 07-21-2007, 10:49 AM
texas_hippie

Default RE: Looking for American Enterprise info....

I purchased the kit in January, new from Dumas. The instructions are adequate, barely. There are the standard drawings, and also a page of written directions. That's all you get! I come from a nautical background, and having worked aboard various vessels for a while, I guess I had an advantage in figuring out the "lingo" used in the instructions. My kit is 90% complete, (just waiting for my jet drives and radio to come in now). I have pics available of the real vessel as she looks today. After much research, I found her moored nearby, and went aboard for a picture session. Give me a shout at [email protected] if I can be of any help.