Community
Search
Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

hydro

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2007, 11:20 PM
dpb73

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hydro

im still looking for a boat. i was looking for some info on hydro. ( the miss budwiser. or that type ) can they turn left or be made to , are they hard to handle,
Old 04-06-2007, 07:49 AM
LtDoc

Default RE: hydro

dpb73,
A 'Miss Bud' can be turned in almost any direction provided the speed it's traveling at allows it (up and down are two of those "any directions", just not the ones normally picked). The same qualification goes for them being easy to handle, depends on speed. Also depends on how much practice you've had 'driving' the thing. The amount of practice required increases with speed and is not linear! Meaning that those last couple of mph's take more practice and coordination and concentration than all of those mph's before them did. (If it were all that easy, everyone would have one, right? You'll also notice I didn't use any "I"s in that, cuz I can't drive one with any coordination/concentration/etc. And I'm not to happy 'fixing' my mistakes, too @#$ much practice.)
If you like the 'Miss Bud', if you aren't too worried about setting speed records, and if you just gotta try it... do so! Can't say it's a "beginners" boat, but then...
- 'Doc
Old 04-06-2007, 07:56 AM
piper_chuck
My Feedback: (12)

Default RE: hydro

There are several active threads in the nitro boat forum that talk about the nitro RTR hydros. The Miss Vegas from Aquacraft seems to be the best of the lot right now. In the gas boat forum you'll find info about the larger gas engine equipped versions.