Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

check it out

Old 04-07-2007, 02:10 PM
WakeBoardnBash

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default check it out

:P

Picked up an Old kyosho jetstream boat off a friend. for free.

had the kyosho gp11 in it. oldddd so slow.

i got rid of the gear reduction, and the .11 or whatever it is.

dropped in a OS.15 cv-x, and made it direct drive. just bought all new hardware, bunch of speedmaster stuff, .150 flex shaft. bunch of other goodies.

going to be converting the wood blocks/engine mounts to an actual stringer mounting system. woo!

been working on a trailer for this thing.

check out my pics so far, tell me what you think.

Old 04-07-2007, 02:11 PM
WakeBoardnBash

Default RE: check it out

Old 04-07-2007, 02:14 PM
WakeBoardnBash

and thats how it sits as of right now.

wheels,axles are next.

im running a mini-t wheel and tire. its goig to look pretty sweet after im all said and done. im going to make wheel wells and fenders along with that.

trailer is going to be painted blank and then the boat supports/bunks are going to be painted either white or a dark or a light grey. havent really made up my mind. but then again i guess i can try all of them atleast once..lol

still need to make up the stop on the trailer where the boats bow/hull meets the trailer, where a winch would usually be.
Old 04-07-2007, 02:43 PM
bobslr

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Out Standing job!!!!!!!!
Bob
Old 04-07-2007, 04:16 PM
wave waker

what truck are u goin to use for pulling?....that's a nice one.
Old 04-07-2007, 06:11 PM
WakeBoardnBash

my revo

im using sportwerks SWK2570 turnbuckels for the trailer hitch and with the pillow ball deal for a "ball"

Thanks on the Great Replies!!!

its not done yet, but gosh darn i wish it was already lol
Old 04-07-2007, 10:21 PM
hdking46

dont take this wrong but trailer doesnt look scale if thats the look your after. you need to shorten it ............
Old 04-07-2007, 11:44 PM
WakeBoardnBash

yea..shorten the trailer so the boat doesnt fit on the trailer.

yea thats smart!!!

go make a boat trailer your self..

post your pictures
then we'll talk
Old 04-08-2007, 12:59 AM
Quicksilver1

ORIGINAL: hdking46

dont take this wrong but trailer doesnt look scale if thats the look your after. you need to shorten it ............

you said what I couldnt and now will. yeah I agree. It looks great for a trailer but maybe for a boat 30% larger. Honest constructive criticism. No I havent built one and I do want to, however I wont lie. Again looks like a nice trailer and especially like the lights, nice touch.
Old 04-08-2007, 05:52 AM
WakeBoardnBash

well thanks, theres really nuthing i can do to make it "smaller" if u need how weak the balsa 1/2"x1/2" pieces of wood was im sur eu under sootd, it is basically like a dense foam. that trailer weighs no more then about 6 ounces. i think i did a great job imo.

cant decide if i want a 3 axle set up or just 2 [:-]
Old 04-08-2007, 11:08 AM
Quicksilver1

I think it kind depends on how it looks with the truck and what wheels your gonna use. I could see double or triple..cant really decide either
Old 04-08-2007, 05:42 PM
DONS BOAT WORKS
My Feedback: (3)

Oops!
Old 04-08-2007, 09:50 PM
WakeBoardnBash

yea so how is my trailer to big? those trailers fit those boats, my trailer is the size it needs to be for my boat, there isnt any that hangs out of the rear of the boat, the trailer isnt even finished, what your looking at is the frame basically. im adding a number of differant wood panels and such. plus the axles and fenders, and along with the mount or what not for the bow of the boat.

i really dont see what you guys are talking about, about how my trailer is to big or whatever..
Old 04-08-2007, 10:13 PM
goodson

wow, you seem to be taking a little constructive criticism personally. FWIW, i think the trailer looks good. the curved bunks and LED lighting are real scale touches. it would have been cool if you used the same curved wood to form the perimeter frame rails leading to the V of the trailer where the coupler mounts. now paint it (and the jet stream)![8D]
Old 04-09-2007, 06:10 PM
Quicksilver1

ORIGINAL: WakeBoardnBash

yea so how is my trailer to big? those trailers fit those boats, my trailer is the size it needs to be for my boat, there isnt any that hangs out of the rear of the boat, the trailer isnt even finished, what your looking at is the frame basically. im adding a number of differant wood panels and such. plus the axles and fenders, and along with the mount or what not for the bow of the boat.

i really dont see what you guys are talking about, about how my trailer is to big or whatever..
See here's the thing, you asked so I'm gonna say it. It's too big in every dimension, look at the trailers don showed, they just fit the trailer. You trailer could seriously fit a boat like 2 inches wider and 3 inches longer. It's not the biggest deal in the world, but the frame of the trailer should be slightly narrower then the boat and the frame should go to a point where the boat goes to a point. The nitro vee he showed, looks like a very well proportioned trailer for your boat. It's merely a question of how scale you want it to look, if your happy with it, that's all that matters and ignore what were saying. Over wise if you wanted to fix it. I'd section out parts of the side rails and the cross-members, would maybe take a few hours. Again, do what you want.

btw don both trailers are the best I've ever seen.....ever.
Old 04-09-2007, 06:55 PM
TERBObob
My Feedback: (21)

I know that you did alot of time and work there , but you DO need to shorten it a bit .
Look at the pic below ... this is where it SHOULD be and would be an easy fix . Simply cut it where the blcak arrows are , then take the area where the tongue is going to be , and mount it there ... nothing major , or drastic . Then , it will look more scale .

BTW - it does look good .
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Hf99306.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	27.2 KB
ID:	660789  
Old 04-09-2007, 10:02 PM
hdking46

didnt mean to upset him just wanted to point out it didnt fit the boat... to wide in front. he asked what do u thing and i just gave my 2 cents. next time DONT ASK
Old 04-10-2007, 10:48 AM
Quicksilver1

how else does one learn. Imagine what the world would look like if every time someone made something, we all said, yay, it's perfect. This is why I make build threads every time I make something, so I get input on my project and dont muck it up. I cant even list all the people I'd thank on here for there advice, I'd like to, but it would be a long list.
Old 04-12-2007, 01:00 AM
WakeBoardnBash

i see what you guys are talking about now, and im kinda sure on taking up on the shortening the front idea. im going to pick up a differant type of wood for the front section and the tounge. i screwed in the turnbuckle that im going to use as a trailer tounge/hitch and dang that wood is just too soft for my liking.
Old 04-13-2007, 07:24 PM
rcBPman04

So if this is soft wood, Why are you using screws? I would use Thin or Medium CA. That stuff is strong and has held my planes together after a complet stall and droped about 40 feet. Yea the wood broke but all the conections were still together. Using CA would help alot with the "scale" look of the trailer and everything will stay togerther if you are ever thinking of conecting that thing to a truck or something.
Old 04-14-2007, 10:47 PM
harleridr

like the leds where can i find them?
Fred
Old 05-13-2007, 09:31 AM
Tunnelvision

Your trailer looks fantastic……The lights are the perfect touch….Chad
Old 05-13-2007, 12:01 PM
icyuod2

that is a really cool trailer but it does look alittle large. check out this pic

notice how the boat sits over the wheels of the trailer? (it has to fit in a single lane on the road right? ) your wheels and fenders are gonna be beside the boat, not below the boat.

its the front of the trailer that really makes it look big though. i'd chop it, shorten the width and extend the center brace forward. this will also give the trailor a better turning radius.

love the led's very cool! your boat also sits on the trailer very well. please dont think i'm knocking the trailer, i do thing it pretty sweet, but it does look alittle large imo.
Old 05-13-2007, 04:09 PM
crazy maxx

WHAT R U THINKING FOR MOUNTING THE WHEELS AND AXELS??
GREAT JOB[:-]
Old 05-16-2007, 03:13 AM
martno1fan

the trailer looks nice i also agree maybe a little too long and if it were me id start again and use either a propper softwood or even a hardwood and use ca and epoxy to glue it up.the balsa is light but its also weak the only way to strengthen it is to use airplane grade plywood to sheet the frame.apart from the wood you used the design is very nice.