Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Boats General Discussion
Reload this Page >

"?" RC Seadoo, don't laugh....

Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

"?" RC Seadoo, don't laugh....

Old 04-10-2007, 01:52 PM
jump_start

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "?" RC Seadoo, don't laugh....

Ok............... you may laugh now.

So; since I got your attention ..... I like to know something about these Seadoo jetski boats.

I just ordered two of them and they come with TWIN-280 motors in them.

I like to know if they can be beefed up more. I have yet to receive mine, but its on the way here.

Here is some info on them:

Product Information
Over 21 inches long, packed with power sure to make waves! Full Function, Radio Control, forward/reverse drive, left/right steering. This Sea Doo comes completely ready to run with everything you need to get on the water and start making some waves. Included are the required 7.2V rechargeable battery and charger!

Features:

Two internal cooling fans for motors
Twin 380 Motors
Powerful 7.2v Rechargeable Battery
Fast!
Highly Detailed
Ready to Run
Specifications:

Length: 21.65 inches
Width: 9 inches
Height: 10 inches
Weight: 2.4 Pounds
Includes:

Ready To Run Boat
7.2v Rechargeable Battery
Charger
Extra Set Of Propellers
Boat Stand For Display
Radio
Manual Included

Here is a video on it:

http://www.nahpco.com/rc_seadoo.htm

Do you think if I added like a 3800 mah 6-cell in it, it be quicker then what it shows in this video clip?

Thanks

Old 04-10-2007, 02:23 PM
saleens7

Default RE: "?" RC Seadoo, don't laugh....

i cannot tell ou how many times people have bought those cheap less the hobby quality boats with the "vector steering"....not to get you down, but i would see if you can send back the boats you just bought as soon as possible and i can direct you to a much better boat....people have tried to upgrade boats similar to that one and most of the time, they just ended up buying a better quality boat...

although i would encourage you to upgrade it, you will have to completely gut the boat of everything and get better stuff, i would suggest a single motor and rudder setup with a new esc, radio system, etc...

i would suggest using a brushless setup...probably a feigao 540 S size motor... (i would have suggested an L but the KV ratings are too low to get enough rpms with a 7.2V batt)

anywhere between a 6S to an 8S

you can also find good hardware (and better batteries) on the same site...

you will want to run this on a barracuda 80amp or 125amp esc

http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/products.php?cat=75

http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/products.php?cat=42

this is just my suggestion, but you can go cheaper with a brushed setup, but a brushed 540 motor would be too small and a 700 too large....you could use a 600 though...
Old 04-10-2007, 02:49 PM
jump_start

Saleens,

No problem. I knew it was cheap, cheap that I really got it for our pool, but to have that option for more speed if I was to upgrade in the later future. Could I just added a better brand 380 motor and ESC?
Old 04-10-2007, 02:51 PM
alloutcustom

ya graupner jet drive with fiegao 540L. it would be a real "jet"ski
Old 04-10-2007, 03:10 PM
LtDoc

jump_start,
It just depends on what you want to do with it. Play in the pool? Sure, why not. Up-grade it to something really worth while, fast, whatever? Depends on just how much you want to put into it, money and work. Like to 'mess' with stuff like that? Then sure, why not. (Otherwise, beat the silly think to death with a large hammer. That's one of those 'last resort' thingys. Doesn't do anything productive, but sure makes you feel better.)
Try it for a while after you get it and then tell us what YOU think you should do with it. That would be interesting.
- 'Doc
Old 04-10-2007, 03:43 PM
jump_start

Thanks all. Pretty active in here in the boat forums.

Well, what I plan to do is get that one jetski called a wave-shark by CEN. That is when I can locate one for sale. Looking to get the 775 motor. Seems to hall butt.

Well I guess I will just play w/ these in the tub/pool and then later, when I starve for speed, I'll look for that Wave-Shark. BTW, you guys like they one?

Thanks
Old 04-11-2007, 07:02 AM
jump_start

I finally got around to test drive the new seadoo. It seems that it's dual motor, but one motor is to turn and seems like when you turn left is quicker. Right turns seems slow. Take off in a straight line is not good. Seems to want to pull to the left. Kind of like a real boat. lol

**This is my 1st RC boat purchase** Speed is about 10-15mph, but nothing more.
Old 04-11-2007, 08:09 AM
LtDoc

When you stop and think about it, the speed thingy makes them pretty decent for a 'pool' boat, right? Then again, it depends on the size of the pool. Unless the pool is an acre or so in size, a boat that does 50 mph (or 40, or 30?) usually means a lot of fixing because of collisions with the sides of the pool, I'd think (don't want to even think about people in the pool).
- 'Doc