Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

engine cut off

Old 04-11-2007, 01:47 AM
nitro Ahmed

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default engine cut off

dear all,
see im new to rc boats and have recently recieved one as a gift from a friend, well it is supposed to be a 1/12 hydroplane, it is made in china with all the parts not known at all. any way i did most of the test and checks that anyone would mostly do to rc controlled boats cars or planes, so i turn it on did all the tunning i could to it for the past two days, but when ever i release it in the water with full throttle or even half throttle it cuts off emmedietly, i did everything possible but it just wont move even for 1 meter, i even changed type of fuel, do you happen to know what i may be facing???
thank you very much.
Old 04-11-2007, 01:51 AM
nitro Ahmed

Default RE: engine cut off

also the fuel tanks made me feel a bit suspicious, it is like the one used on nitro planes, the ones i should use a pump for, also can anyone tell me if a clutch could be used in the propshaft to reduse the sudden restriction to the engine.
thank you
Old 04-11-2007, 08:26 AM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

You'll have to richen the carb as it sounds like you're too lean. If it revs quickly on land, that's a sure sign. You want a slight lag when blipping the throttle. Give it an underhand toss when launching to help it get up to speed.
Old 04-12-2007, 01:25 AM
nitro Ahmed

thank you for your reply and opinion, but i have tried richining the carb and still no positive result, i think i need to reduce prop size
Old 04-12-2007, 01:53 AM
nitro Ahmed

thank you all for your opinions, but i found a better solution, i went to where my friend got the boat and complained to him about the problem plus a few other problems, so im returning it and getting a new one or a refund, nice, so im thinknig of geting the refund and get me a better boat say maybe the miss vegas or something like that, what do you guys think? any opinion? i dont know what my friend was thinking when he bought this boat from this guy
Old 04-12-2007, 01:55 AM
Ron Olson

Could you tell us which boat that you are asking questions about, a link to the manufacturer would be helpful if you have it. What fuel or fuels that you've tried, glow plugs or anything else that you can think of that would help us in helping you out as much as possible.
Most carburetor settings are set for general use as the manufacturer doesn't know where the boats are going to and weather conditions, altitude all factor in setting up your boat properly.
I've only seen Dubai on television when they hold boat races there.
Old 04-12-2007, 03:55 AM
nitro Ahmed

never mind, cuz the boat manufacturer is not known, even all the parts, i used 10% , 15% and 30% nitro fuel and an os#8 glow plug. also have started tuning the carb from zero. still same.. thanks a lot anyways, really appreciate your intrest in my problem..

about the powerboat races: been there few times, love the sound of the engines.
Old 04-12-2007, 04:02 AM
nitro Ahmed

well, miss vegas it is.....but ill have to order it and have it shipped to dubai coz i dont think that i'll find it in my country, well even if i do it wont be cheap..anyone know anyplace where i can find it for a good value and can be shipped to dubai? thanks in advance..
Old 04-12-2007, 07:52 AM
Ron Olson

There are a lot of hobby shops that do world-wide shipping. Two of the ones near mew do. One is www.rlhobbies.com who also go by www.hobby-sports.com . I was surprised to see that a few of our members from the UK had used them.
If what you want isn't on their list, ask as they are also an Aquacraft dealer.
Old 04-12-2007, 03:27 PM
nitro Ahmed

thanks a lot, i'll do some searching