Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

PICCO P5

Old 04-22-2007, 07:08 PM
oakboat89

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PICCO P5

From an earlier post I have learned that I have a Picco P5 Black marine motor. It doesn't seem to run correctly, idol is low, and inconsistent. Any suggestions on how to tune it or lubricate or any information on it? I bought it off ebay and came in a yellow racing boat that is about 2 feet long and as far as i know it was high performance race boat. I know that the motor is made in italy so all the forums i read aren't in english. Any help is much appreciated!
THANKS!
-Steve
Old 04-22-2007, 07:19 PM
Flabum

Default RE: PICCO P5

That motor isn't designed to idle . If adjusting the low speed needle does not help. then one possibility is there is an air leak at the carb mount.

Maintaining it is easy, clean it off well, remove the glow plug and use after run oil in it and spray it with WD40 or CRC656 to displace any moisture.
Old 04-22-2007, 11:14 PM
oldlugs

Default RE: PICCO P5

Flabum is right; it's not made for idling... (kidding... it should idle) That's a race engine though, really intended to zoom around at full throttle. When you can't get them to idle any more, it's possible that the bearings are shot, or the whole thing's just worn out. Better send it to me for proper Picco disposal.. Sadly, parts for that engine are no longer readily available. You can still get bearings, but piston & sleeve will likely have to be sourced from an older Picco R/C car engine, and possibly modified to the marine spec.
They really are/were a nice .21 engine.