Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Boats General Discussion
Reload this Page >

Boat Electrics tutorials

Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

Boat Electrics tutorials

Old 04-30-2007, 07:36 AM
iantheturk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Boat Electrics tutorials

I have been building static models and basic zr/C for some time, and now want to expand intomore serious r/c - I am considering Model Slipway's Yorkshireman, or Billings Smit Rotterdam - when I deicde what construction technique I want to use).

Because I am newish to R/C the whole area of choosing motors, controllers etc, and the layout is also new.

Can any of the more knowledgable here please guide me to a good book or other source of information, that can leave me with more understanding of what I will be installing into my boat?

Many Thanks

Ian
Old 04-30-2007, 12:22 PM
LtDoc

Default RE: Boat Electrics tutorials

Ian,
When you find that tutorial, can I borrow it when you get through? I wish I could give you the names of a few, but I can't. More a matter of my 'dumbness' than anything. Only recommendation I would offer is to look for a fairly recent one. The older ones are probably just as good (if not better), but won't include as much of the 'newer' technological stuff now available.
Maybe the 'biggy' about changing to R/C from 'static' modeling is that you have to make room for that R/C stuff inside the boat without having the rest of the boat fall in around it.
The electronics part of it just isn't that much of an effort. If you can handle a remote control for the average TV you got it made! ... sort of.
Good luck.
- 'Doc
Old 04-30-2007, 03:53 PM
Kmot
My Feedback: (24)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Old 04-30-2007, 11:19 PM
iantheturk

Thanks Kmot,

Have since also seen that book reviewed on FCB's site - http://sightlines.ca/thetug/ so it must be a book of note!

LtDoc - hope that helps you too.

Now - I have decided on the Yorshireman, and have seen a couple of builds on various sites, so I am sure I will become a regular poster.

Many Thanks

Ian