Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Boats General Discussion
Reload this Page >

Is it worth it????

Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

Is it worth it????

Old 05-06-2007, 12:47 PM
oakboat89

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is it worth it????

So i got this hull from somebody that never really finished the project and i was wondering what you all would do with it...sell it, chuck it, fix it and use it and so on. Just trying to get some opinions thanks! O and almost forget to mention the crack...it's on the underside and is about 2 feet. Any suggestions on how to patch it since the inside section is blocked off??
THANKS!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Pn37131.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	96.6 KB
ID:	678833   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pk31435.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	92.1 KB
ID:	678834   Click image for larger version

Name:	Qv56103.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	86.6 KB
ID:	678835  
Old 05-06-2007, 02:18 PM
Tidnab
My Feedback: (51)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: Is it worth it????

I fixed the rear corner of a motor home that was fiberglass by filling the crack with an automotive putty and sanded it down to its original shape.I then applied a 3" wide piece of 2oz fiberglass cloth a little longer than the length of the crack and used the same epoxy resin I use on my boats and spread and feathered it out.Sanded that area and beyond and primed and painted.Could hardly notice where it was damaged and saved the guy a bundle.I think the same method would work on that hull.If you don't want to bother with it I wouldn't mine trying if you would sell it for a reasonable sum.If you do PM me.
Old 05-06-2007, 05:32 PM
Jhoyoza

Hello,

That is very nice! I think Tidnab's solution is perfect. Let me know if you lose interest I would love to own it myself! [X(]

What is the overall length and other dimensions?

Thanks!

-J
Old 05-06-2007, 06:17 PM
oakboat89

The boat is 60" long and about 15" wide. The boat was built by an older fellow with many years of scratch building rc planes as well as boats. He said that the hull preformed very well in both calm and rough water. As for selling it I would have no idea of its value.If anyone would like a picture of the boat and motor please email me an address I can forward a picture to. [email protected]
Thanks
Old 05-07-2007, 03:04 AM
Justaddwata
My Feedback: (3)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

all sales transactions should be handled through the classifides area of this site.