Community
Search
Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

Weeder Boat

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2002, 12:42 AM
Brad_S

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Weeder Boat

I'm about to jump in and get a weeder boat. Being an R/C heli pilot, as well as a full size boat owner, I'm pretty familiar with the terms and technologies, as well as web sites, information overload, ad nauseum!
I'm looking at an Enforcer Manta Ray, with the pro 30cc motor and the other goodies. Including all the other stuff I'll need to get it ready to run , as well as some spares and extras, I'm looking at ~$1300.
I'm looking for opinions and possible alternatives in equipment for approximately the same bucks. I need a boat that is going to be good in rough water and want to make sure I do it right. I didn't scrimp on my heli and I do fly it regularly, and don't want to start off on the wrong foot with the boat. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Brad Streeter
Old 02-21-2002, 01:15 AM
JohnVH
My Feedback: (38)

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Weeder Boat

I think youll be alright, I almost had an enforcer boat at one point too, I built my weedeater boat myself and hopped up the home base engine. It was fun! youll love that boat.
Old 03-04-2002, 04:19 PM
captinjohn

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default weeder boat

Dear Mister Moderator: Can you have somebody post a picture of a weeder boat. Never heard of one. Thanks Captin John
Old 03-04-2002, 05:57 PM
Bill LaRue

Default Weeder Boat

Brad I have a Mini-Craft Stiletto 11 weed boat it runs great. The web site is www.minicraft.com you can see the hull design there. Hull is 195.00 in any color. Complete boat ready to run is $695.00 with 25cc Hornet eng. or you can order with Zenoah or Hoped up Homelite.
Bill
Old 03-13-2002, 11:33 PM
RPM
My Feedback: (3)

Default Weeder Boat

I highly recommend that you check out:
http://www.bonzisports.com/

Custom paint schemes available and all the horsepower choices that one can afford.

Dan is the owner and very accommodating
Old 04-12-2002, 08:06 PM
bz1mcr

Default Weeder Boat Construction and Motor Modifications

John,
Your Feb. reply indicates you built a weeder boat and then modified an engine for it. Please tell us how you built the boat and what motor was used. Also if you used a Homelite 25 or 35 cc engine I would like to know how you modified it.

any pictures you could post here or on your homepage would be great.

I built a pair of Prather Deep-Vee 46's with Homelite 25cc engines. I installed Walbro "WA 167 A" big bore carbs and replaced the stock muffler with a straight pipe out the back of the boats. I have been very pleased with the performance, but it would be fun to hop-up the engines a little.
Old 04-12-2002, 09:04 PM
JohnVH

Default Weeder Boat

Sorry it took me so long!!
A friend picked up a 50" glass hull at a swap meet for like $10, now, when I say hull, I hull, no deck, nothing but the bottom half of a boat basically. It was a catamaran, so I found some pics I liked of a full size one, got a door skin from a local place that made doors, and started cutting!! kinda a pain in the butt. BUT, it turned out real nice, once I built the top of it I glassed it and painted it, for power I went to home depot, got a $60 homelite weedeater, took the engine off, called up Enforcer, got a motor mount backing plate, crackerbox exhaust, and a big bore carb. Called Octura, got a large single strudder, 1/4" drive. Ill find the pics of it when I get home tonight, I drove the heck out of it, jumped wakes with it, it would slow down so much at an idle I could come in VERY close to shore, when the unsuspection person came too close I would gas it and shoot the huge rooster tail onto the shore!!!
Was a great stable boat, not as fast as my 1/4 scale bandit tunnel, but was very reliable!
Old 04-14-2002, 03:21 AM
JohnVH

Default Weeder Boat

sorry, I cant find the pics on disc, will scan them at work and put them up next week.
Old 04-14-2002, 06:14 AM
Wayne H

Default Here's mine

Here's my weeder boat...Homelite 25 cc....
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	8424_5089.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	54.5 KB
ID:	2992  
Old 04-14-2002, 01:00 PM
Brad_S

Default Weeder Boat

Jumped in and purchased the boat I started the thread with. Hope to get it out on the water today. Started her up yesterday and it sounds as though it will produce PLENTY of power. Will post a picture of it later, if I can figure out how to do it. Thanks to everyone for their replys and input.