Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Boats General Discussion
Reload this Page >

help in new york,where to run a gas boat

Community
Search
Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

help in new york,where to run a gas boat

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2007, 08:03 AM
mxzrev

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help in new york,where to run a gas boat

help in new york....i live in the albany,NY area and would really like to run a gas boat,but there just seems to be nowhere to run one...everything around here seems to be very populated with swimmers and fishermen and we all know that is not the best condition for running one of these monsters.....i cannot find any clubs around here so i am reaching out to anyone who might know a safe place to run a boat in the albany or saratoga area,there has to be some fellow boaters out there....thanks for any help or info you guys can give me,thanks,bob
Old 05-26-2007, 01:16 PM
Justaddwata
My Feedback: (3)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default RE: help in new york,where to run a gas boat

There is a reed surrounded pond on Fuller Rd not far from SUNY Albany that worked for me a few years ago (ok - 8 years ago). It was right by the highway so noise was no issue. Parking was good but the reeds may have thickened up since then.

I was always tempted to run in the big concrete ponds by the EGG on a weekend. Would not expect to have a long run time before being asked to leave though.

I am sure you have some options closer to home though. Have you tried looking on Google earth for lakes? I am regularly amazed at how many lakes there are that you never knew were so close.
Old 05-26-2007, 11:16 PM
mxzrev

i remember that pond....i was there about 20 years ago....i used to see a few guys running boats there,you can see it from I-90....but they were running smaller boats,i would be running a large cat or hydro.way to big for that pond....i dont think you can get in there anymore,they have blocked it off with guardrails now....i worked on fuller road for 11 years back in the 1990's and i would check every once in awhile to see if anyone were still running boats,but i have not seen anyone there in years,you might have been one of those guys i saw way back when....well i will try your suggestion about checking the google earth and see what i come up with....i appreciate the help,thank you
Old 05-27-2007, 07:19 AM
mxzrev

juat checked out your website,you got quite the collection and the pics are great...thanks
Old 05-27-2007, 01:44 PM
Justaddwata
My Feedback: (3)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Thanks for the compliment.

I lived in Albany for 4 years before the need to be by the water got too much to handle.

there are some beautiful ponds in and around the city though none that would appreciate a boat unfortunately. Keep chacking abck as I know theres one or two other members from the capital district who may chime in.