Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

Spektrum DX7

Old 06-02-2007, 08:11 PM
-pkh-
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spektrum DX7

Anyone using a Spektrum DX7 with your boats? If so, what receiver are you using? I figure the AR6000 or AR6100 "park flyer" receivers should do fine for suface vehicles... just wanted to see if anyone has tried them out yet. The AR7000 seems like overkill for surface vehicles... although for large nitro models, it might be nice to have the redundant receivers.
Old 06-03-2007, 07:07 PM
TERBObob
My Feedback: (21)

Default RE: Spektrum DX7

Anyone using a Spektrum DX7 with your boats? If so, what receiver are you using? I figure the AR6000 or AR6100 "park flyer" receivers should do fine for suface vehicles... just wanted to see if anyone has tried them out yet. The AR7000 seems like overkill for surface vehicles... although for large nitro models, it might be nice to have the redundant receivers.
Seems the WHOLE Spektrum outfit is overkill for a boat ...[sm=50_50.gif] ( besides , the display is WAY off for a boat )
Old 06-03-2007, 08:29 PM
-pkh-

Seems just right for me if I want a stick radio for a surface vehicle. The six channel park flyer receivers are only $50, while the three channel receivers that go with the Spektrum pistol grip radios are $90-$100!

I was thinking of getting a 75MHz module for my 9C for surface vehicles, but now that I've got a DX7, I think the AR6100 receiver is the best way to go for surface vehicles.

Not sure what you mean by the display being way off for boats... you can set endpoints, expo, dual rates, throttle kill, all sorts of mixing functions, etc. just like any other good computer radio. You've even got channels named "rudder" and "throttle"... LOL... although most would probably want to put the rudder/steering on the aileron channel for two stick control. The display is great... you can graphically see your control curves adjust with endpoint, dual rate, and expo adjustments.
Old 06-03-2007, 09:12 PM
Flabum

The surface recievers have a quicker response time and are built for the rigors boats and cars go through, that is why they are more expensive. If you want to cheap out and use a park flyer reciever, let me know where you are running so i can pick another lake.

So much for keeping aircraft and surface seperate.
Old 06-03-2007, 09:26 PM
-pkh-

LOL... you need to get your facts straight... the existing Spektrum surface receivers are DSM... the DX7 and AR6100 park flyer receiver are DSM2, which has much quicker response time. Spektrum is coming out with surface systems with DSM2 in August...

Got news for you... an aircraft can put a whole lot more stress on the RX than a boat can!
Old 06-04-2007, 04:34 PM
TERBObob
My Feedback: (21)

Got news for you... an aircraft can put a whole lot more stress on the RX than a boat can!
Just wondering , where , and how you came up with this ?
I also fly , run truggys and boats . ( Unless ,your meaning when you crash - LOL )
Old 06-06-2007, 05:44 PM
Hannu Vuorinen

Hi,

I do so also, fly indoors, parkflyers , gliders and boating. DX7 works on all aspects just perfectly. Not a snigle glitch.. used all types of RX´s, last one is
micro 6100 in big scale mahogany speed boat ( 1KW motor also very close), works 100%. And quick response time is making even std servos move like
a something else, really fast

BR
Hannu
Old 06-06-2007, 08:58 PM
-pkh-

Thanks for the feedback, Hannu... I've got a couple of 6100s on order.