Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Boats General Discussion
Reload this Page >

Aquacraft EP1 hold up to lipo/modded motor?

Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

Aquacraft EP1 hold up to lipo/modded motor?

Old 06-05-2007, 02:19 PM
nickrummy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aquacraft EP1 hold up to lipo/modded motor?

High everyone. I have no experience with boats at all but I've been wanting one for some time. I really want one to tow behind my F150 truck. I really like the Aquacraft bass boat and its the perfect scale to tow behind my truck but the boat itself looks a bit cheap. I'm sure I can make it look a bit better with paint but how well will that EP1 motor hold up to a 2S lipo and a modded motor? Maybe around 17t? Of course I would use another speed control but would the lower unit hold up?

Thanks! Here is the truck I want to tow it with.

Old 06-05-2007, 08:19 PM
Flabum

Default RE: Aquacraft EP1 hold up to lipo/modded motor?

I don't know, maybe the heat from the batteries will melt a hole through the bottom of the boat
Old 06-06-2007, 10:38 AM
ryan_t888

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I wouldn't recommend anything much below 17T for boat use as torque drops of the charts. It may be able to handle a 19T on 7.4v

Ryan
Old 08-19-2011, 02:58 AM
rc_boat_lover

well to tell you the truth the blokes that replied dont know jack ****(no offence) cause with mine i have 6 of them and i fun a novak 5.5 brushless system in 3 of then and then a 8t in the rest and every 5 months i will replace the bearing for the saft and grease them up and they are fine and running better than ever hope it helps got a pic of the boat
Old 08-19-2011, 06:45 AM
ryan_t888

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Andrew,

You are 4 years much too late.

These are inexpensive entry level outboards designed to push small hulls at scale speeds. Many people buy these used as they are very inexpensive but hope they can make them lightning fast rather than purchasing a quality lower unit designed for faster hulls and standard props..
I would never recommend running an 8T brushed motor in any boat of any size. It's far from ideal. (It's well over 6000KV)

You also do not want any part of the electrical system to exceed 60C (140F) in temperature, but I'm sure you already knew this with your 8T in a boat.

Ryan
Old 08-19-2011, 10:57 AM
*delete M i k e u p delete*

Correct on the 8t in a boat. Now a 12/2, 12/3 would be the lowest brushed in a boat. The Chameleonn # 2212 was the best i ran in brushed motors with a 632 on 6 -3300 nimH cells. Now i run a 28 45 2700 on 3S with twin 20c-2200-3S in parallel with a Octura 632 cut down to 630 and fast enough for me in a 22" mono. Mono is wooden El Lobo II. Darian Jordan of Washington State has modded the Bass boat you mentioned on OSE site. Google the search portion to find it. The only man i know who uses 6T brushed motors is Ed Hughey, but are with the Hughey gear box in races that last 1:10 seconds. Ed sells brushed equipment and has more trophies than carters got liver pills.
Old 08-19-2011, 02:23 PM
hendocap

ORIGINAL: rc_boat_lover

well to tell you the truth the blokes that replied dont know jack ****(no offence) cause with mine i have 6 of them and i fun a novak 5.5 brushless system in 3 of then and then a 8t in the rest and every 5 months i will replace the bearing for the saft and grease them up and they are fine and running better than ever hope it helps got a pic of the boat
How can you say that and the Quote (no offence) ? your bacially calling them idiots, and Ryan Knows alot more than most of the people on here from what I have read. Then lets talk about the boat itself your referring too. For you to have more than 1 says alot about who you are. JMO