Community
Search
Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

Hobby Shows??

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2007, 11:30 AM
FirebirdCdr2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hobby Shows??

Hello,

Does anyone know if there are any hobby shows going on in Northern Virginia or Washington DC during this summer. I would love to go to one. If anyone comes across any info on one here in VA or DC please let me know thanks.

Firebirdcdr2
Old 07-03-2007, 11:34 AM
weathervane

Default RE: Hobby Shows??

I do not know of any shows, but Hobby Hanger in Chantilly VA is a real cool place to go and brows for a while. They are usualy up on most of the local events.

-Andrew
Old 07-03-2007, 09:47 PM
FirebirdCdr2

Thanks for the reply. Will look into that.
Old 07-03-2007, 10:27 PM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Most of the shows are in the late winter/early spring before the R/C season takes off in the north. The closest one that I know of for you is the WRAM show which I think is in the New York state area but couldn't tell you for sure.
Old 07-03-2007, 10:32 PM
FirebirdCdr2

Thanks man,

I will look into this, thanks again.
Old 07-03-2007, 10:55 PM
Ron Olson

Keep an eye out on our RCU Event Calendar, there is a link at the bottom of this page for events in your area.
I'm lucky where I live as I'm half-way between the Toledo show and the iHobby show in Chicago. There really needs to be more trade shows spread out more around the country.
Old 07-03-2007, 11:00 PM
FirebirdCdr2

I will do that. I agree there really should be shows spread out throughout the country. Really dont see why my area does not have one, because we have a nice Expo Center here in Fredericksburg Va. I think i'm going to call the event scheduler there and see if they can get one to come here.
Old 07-03-2007, 11:17 PM
Ron Olson

Most shows are held by large clubs like the Toledo show or by the hobby industry associations like iHobby or the RCHTA. It's a lot of work to put on shows like these. The Weak Signals club that puts on the Toledo show have been doing it for over 50 years now and started off in a small building then worked their way up to the Seagate Centre. They're getting ot the point to where they're outgrowing that building!
The iHobby show in Chicago has also grown over the years. The current room that they use in what used to be the Rosemont Horizon is the size of 9 football fields. I didn't believe it until I went there but nobody said that it was just one room in the place! Talk about one big building! We spent 4-1/2 hours walking around in there and didn't see everything as it also covers whatever else that hobby shops sell from trains to board games and slot cars.
Old 07-04-2007, 12:45 AM
Justaddwata
My Feedback: (3)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

ORIGINAL: Ron Olson

Most of the shows are in the late winter/early spring before the R/C season takes off in the north. The closest one that I know of for you is the WRAM show which I think is in the New York state area but couldn't tell you for sure.
I went to the WRAM show this year (think it was March). It is 95% air, 4% car and 1% boat. Aeromarine had a booth there and think they displayed more boats than the rest of the show combined (Maybe 45 boats total at the show total - including scale stuff). I cant say I can justify the cost of admission yet alone the drive. Hope it improves.

Thinking for a good show I may have to check out either the national boat races for NAMBA or the IMPBA or maybe the already passed Ohio show.
Old 07-04-2007, 10:11 AM
FirebirdCdr2

Looked at your pictures. Those are some really cool boats. Well I wish they had some type of show here, because toledo is a little too far for me. Hopefully one day they will have one here.
Old 07-04-2007, 10:15 AM
FirebirdCdr2

Maybe i should get in contact with some of these places, and see if they tell could tell if there are some companies near here that i could probably talk into doing a hobby show.