Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Boats General Discussion
Reload this Page >

Help with deciding on a Boat

Community
Search
Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

Help with deciding on a Boat

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2007, 12:53 PM
Al_K

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with deciding on a Boat

I want to upgrade from a pretty cheap and chearful electric boat to a nitro. I have been doing research to see what is the best option. I want something with a bot of pace, but fairly stable in rougher water, because I do use a river with full size craft on. What boats would people recommend. I have been looking at the Proboat Shockwave 36.
Old 07-18-2007, 02:11 PM
saleens7

Default RE: Help with deciding on a Boat

the shockwave is pretty good....athough i ended up getting a dud, for the two good runs i got out of mine it handled pretty good and it does take alot of chop....athough it has a tendency to rock side to side alot, its a pretty good boat...and if you willing to spend the cash the probot shockwave 55 SS (55" long, runs on a gas motor) it will do around 45mph and its a large hull, so it should take alot of chop.....the only thing is its 1,000$.....you could look around on buy and sell area of this site and look for a used one if you dont want to spend 1000$....
Old 07-18-2007, 03:05 PM
webdr

I was talking to an owner of the Shockwave 55 and he said it flips over so much on turns that he has to slow down to 1/2 throttle and turn easy to avoid flipping...
Old 07-18-2007, 11:00 PM
DONS BOAT WORKS
My Feedback: (3)

ORIGINAL: webdr

I was talking to an owner of the Shockwave 55 and he said it flips over so much on turns that he has to slow down to 1/2 throttle and turn easy to avoid flipping...
It's the same with real boats, ypu have to slow down to turn. You just have to learn to drive a boat.
Old 07-18-2007, 11:54 PM
mr_nascar8

try a aqua jet its pretty stable but the hulls only 27''

Austin
Old 07-19-2007, 09:00 AM
saleens7

ORIGINAL: DONS BOAT WORKS

ORIGINAL: webdr

It's the same with real boats, ypu have to slow down to turn. You just have to learn to drive a boat.
not w/ a jet boat (those things are FUN)....my dads friend let me take over the wheel one time...full throttle (maybe 60mph) you can turn full over at top speed it doesent even feel like its going to fip, it just turns on a dime and keeps on going...
Old 07-19-2007, 03:37 PM
WO

I would like to run a boat also but here in Indio CA we don't have any H2O and the local hobby shop says they just sell them and don't know where to run them. Besides it's 100 by nine in the morning right now. Can anyone help me as I have money and want to run a boat. wo