Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Boats General Discussion
Reload this Page >

Help! SV27 Newbie - so frustrated (FE)

Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

Help! SV27 Newbie - so frustrated (FE)

Old 08-12-2007, 08:17 AM
avizandum

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help! SV27 Newbie - so frustrated (FE)

Just got a new SV and took it out jesterday. All it did was plow. Got up on plane once very briefly. All it did at WOT was create turbulence.

Stats: stock prop, IB 4200s (probably a little tired), Traxxas water pickup ½ in, Port fin.

Help! I want this to run! I have a CF 48mm prop for my villain – will this help – at least for today?

Ideally, I’d like this to plane out at low speeds so I can try it in some serious chop. I will willingly give up speed for versatility and stability. More fun in the waves! I would rather not have to change setups based on water conditions, I have a disability and my hands are very weak…

Thanks
Old 08-12-2007, 09:14 AM
wave waker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Help! SV27 Newbie - so frustrated (FE)

try to adjust the trim tab by bending it in a very small increment, bending down will bring the bow down and bending up is the other way around, u may also play around with prop height by adjusting up and down, bringing it up make the boat more loose and add speed, bringing it down vice versa but depends of the prop ur using...hope it helps..happy boating.
Old 08-12-2007, 08:14 PM
GRANT ED

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Help! SV27 Newbie - so frustrated (FE)

Make sure your batts are fully charged. Give the boat a little push when you start driving to help it get up to speed. You may need to drop the strut angle a little.
Also try to avoid posting the same question in multiple forums. I know your new so we'll let you off . Good luck, keep us updated.