Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Boats General Discussion
Reload this Page >

TWISTED LIQUID RACING BUYER BEWARE!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

TWISTED LIQUID RACING BUYER BEWARE!

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2007, 08:40 PM
eclozon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TWISTED LIQUID RACING BUYER BEWARE!

I sure could find a better way to spend my time but these people need to be exposed. I placed an order on July 10, another on the 17 and one more at the end of the month. A partial shipment of the July 10th order was recieved last week. The second order arrived in three days, no problems. The last order was never shipped to me, although I paid for it the same day I placed the order. I have made dozens of phone calls to them. I spoke with James twice, very nice very helpful. He promised to cake care of the problem. The over the past three weeks, phone calls have not been answered or returned. Over the live chat to customer service they have told me five times my order has been shipped. The have given me three tracking numbers, all fakes. After tracking each order for three days, turns out it wasn't even for my order or the correct state. Last week I went on line again to ask for a tracking number. Their response "The tracking number doesn't matter, your package has been sent!" I checked again the next day, they said the package had been sent yesterday and I am going to have to just wait. Another week goes by and I go back on line to customer service. I ask them about the status of the order, she tells me it is still in shipping??? So, I ask what was shipped and where was it shipped to. She then tells me she can't tell what was shipped. After a lot rude comments they said, fine we will refund your paypal account. I go to paypal to file a claim and now TRL claims they sent my entire order and they own me nothing. Well I don't think that is going to fly. I have cut, pasted and saved the online chat sessions. Not only do I have proof they knew my order was incomplete, I have proof they said they would refund the money.

I am an easy going rc boater and past the fifty year old mark. I have been patient, understanding and polite with these people. Three times during the chat sessions they have claimed I was lying (and they used those words) I am completely blown away by this company's bussiness standards or lack of. It is hard to explain how insulting they have been. I have never seen anything like this in my life... never. I may never get my parts or my money back but you know whats worse? Being repetedly called a liar. I can afford the $132.00 but I can't tolerate their behavior. I invite all of you to read over the 4 pages of forum threads from all of the people who were taken advantage of and please think twice about sending your money to them.

This is a great hobby and I have meet some really great people. It's hard to believe people can continue to treat customers this way and still stay in business. I have contacted paypal, the credit card company and the better business bureau. In addition I will be telling everyone I can reach about my experience with Twisted Liquid Racing.

Moderator: I know this is not a spot to handle disputes or defame people. This is probably the biggest forum on the net for boats, and yes, I am very unhappy. BUT I think this fourm is about meaningful information and it is in the best interest of the boaters who read this forum to know about shady companies. If you are thinking of pulling this off the forum, read TRL own words. Like I said, I have transcripts from TRL to prove of all these statements. It's a five page word document, if anyone still wants to do business with them, let me send you some of their actual customer service chat logs, that will change your mind. (unless you like being called a liar over and over)
Old 08-22-2007, 08:41 PM
CadillacDTS2001

Default RE: TWISTED LIQUID RACING BUYER BEWARE!

dude. old news
he has been at it for a long time. every one knew about along time ago
Old 08-22-2007, 08:47 PM
eclozon

Well Damn it! I missed the memo

if nothing else maybe it will help the new people. (like me)
Old 08-22-2007, 08:49 PM
CadillacDTS2001

yep.
go into the nitro forum and do a search. you will find boat loads of it.
Sorry for your loss
Old 08-22-2007, 11:19 PM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Not really as a lot of the threads have been tossed out with the trash and this one may go also but I'll leave it to those higher up to decide.
We've frankly had it with that company and if I don't see another thread about that outfit, it will be too soon!
Old 08-23-2007, 02:04 AM
Justaddwata
My Feedback: (3)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

ORIGINAL: eclozon
Moderator: I know this is not a spot to handle disputes or defame people. This is probably the biggest forum on the net for boats, and yes, I am very unhappy. BUT I think this fourm is about meaningful information and it is in the best interest of the boaters who read this forum to know about shady companies. If you are thinking of pulling this off the forum, read TRL own words. Like I said, I have transcripts from TRL to prove of all these statements. It's a five page word document, if anyone still wants to do business with them, let me send you some of their actual customer service chat logs, that will change your mind. (unless you like being called a liar over and over)
When James contacted me about customers with issues with Twisted he said that I should contact or refer them to their customer service chat. It sounds like your problem has been there and done that.

Please keep us informed of your situation.

To all others - could we just see what this thread brings before opening the flood gates of "for" and "against" opinions
Old 08-23-2007, 06:16 AM
webdr

That sucks cause I really want their adjustable proboat hydro strut. who else makes on thats a direct fit for the proboat?
Old 08-23-2007, 07:03 AM
hdking46

[sm=47_47.gif][sm=47_47.gif]
Old 08-23-2007, 08:23 AM
cmiller73

ORIGINAL: webdr

That sucks cause I really want their adjustable proboat hydro strut. who else makes on thats a direct fit for the proboat?
Not at this time, maybe you could find something close and jimmyrig it.
Old 08-23-2007, 01:07 PM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

eclozon,
I am truly sorry about the problems you are having, and I do hope you can resolve them. As was stated above this issue is well known and has been discussed at length in numerous other threads. I'm going to leave your thread up as "proof" that it did exist , but I am going to lock the thread down. I am doing this as in the past people have tried to hijack threads such as this one for whatever reasons.

Ken