Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Boats General Discussion
Reload this Page >

Interesting ESC question...

Community
Search
Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

Interesting ESC question...

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2007, 10:22 AM
DUSTINNEWTON

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Interesting ESC question...

I have a Traxxas Villain EX, and I'm pretty sure that I have fried the ESC (stock Novak/Traxxas 3015). Only one motor will turn, and I only get voltage on the leads of one motor, leading me to believe that the part of the ESC that supplies the other motor is history. First off, could this be something that could be fixed by some sort of programming or ESC "reset", or is it (most likely) just fried. Secondly, if it is fried (it's not like the ESC is 100% anyway), can I remove one wire from the motor that is getting voltage, solder it to the appropriate terminal on the other motor, solder a jump wire between the two motors to complete the circuit, and have that one side drive both motors, at least temporarily? This is a stock motor/gearing setup. I know that's a wild question, I was just curious if it was even feasible while I'm waiting on a replacement ESC to come in. Thanks in advance for any ideas!
Old 08-24-2007, 09:44 PM
subsinker
My Feedback: (61)

Default RE: Interesting ESC question...

Dustin,

In the words of that great American Philospher Harry Callahan (Dirty Harry).....do you feel lucky punk....well, do ya? I wouldn't trust that ESC as far as I could chuck it. I fried an ESC one time (Novak Rooster) and for some unknown reason the throttle stuck wide open and the boat went on shore at full throttle, jumped about five feet into the air came down and snapped off the bow due to the force. And that was an ESC that I had no idea it had ANY problem. Save yourself some grief, toss it.

Pete
Old 08-26-2007, 03:50 PM
who8that

Default RE: Interesting ESC question...

Just send it in to traxxas, most likely they will charge you the repair price but send you back a new EVX2. Just a thought for you.