Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Boats General Discussion
Reload this Page >

Servo blow up!lol!

Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

Servo blow up!lol!

Old 08-26-2007, 12:46 AM
Team A-Hull

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Servo blow up!lol!

Just bought the servo and it was working when testing it then it stopped. If i plug the one that came with the radio it works in the same slot. Is it bad to mix servos and controllers? Will they not get the proper signal? How do you test them to see if there broken?

Thanks
Old 08-26-2007, 12:55 AM
Deathwish
My Feedback: (6)

Default RE: Servo blow up!lol!

Are the wires the same color. If so make sure there in the right order (red, black, and white). If not you may want to switch them around. It may be your batteries too. I use different servo's with different reciever's in my boats and cars all the time. So i dont think that matter's. Just make sure you got them hook up right.
Old 08-26-2007, 05:44 AM
GRANT ED

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Try that servo on a different channel to see if its the reciever. Use another known good servo in the same channel as the suspect servo. By elimination you'll be able to figure out whats not working. Mixing brands of servos is fine. I think in most of my planes or boats have a mix of servos with no problems.
Old 08-26-2007, 12:23 PM
Team A-Hull

It's weird it was working great one minute and the next it stopped. I did test the reciever and it's fine! Do these servos (new) just crap out sometimes?
Old 08-26-2007, 12:45 PM
bensidus197217

Sounds like the servo to me because if another servo works in the same receiver slot, then that eliminates the receiver and points the problem directly at the servo.
Old 08-26-2007, 05:56 PM
mfr02

Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts

You can buy a servo tester, or Google for servo tester circuits and build one. However, you have done half of the practical testing already, by substituting a different one. You did say that it worked at first, so the only other practical test is to try it in another slot. If the problem moves with the servo, the problem probably is the servo.
Some brands of servo had different connection schemes, and some have different throw responces, and many manufacturers insist on having different shaped plugs, but they basically all respond similarly to the same control signals.