Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Boats General Discussion
Reload this Page >

Catamaran or Tunnel Hull oat

Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

Catamaran or Tunnel Hull oat

Old 10-07-2007, 11:16 PM
djohnson20

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Catamaran or Tunnel Hull oat

i really like the tunnel and the catamaran hull rcs but i cant seem to find very many of either kind. I am new to the hobby and i am saving up to buy a Nitro Rc and i do not want to buy a boat that i would have to take back or anything like that. if you know any boats of either type let me know please and thanks
Old 10-08-2007, 05:48 PM
ob nut
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Catamaran or Tunnel Hull oat

What you get has lots of factors. First off, what do you like? mention cats / tunnels in the email.. Do you know of any other boaters in the area? What do they run? Nice to run the same against friends, good for competion. What is the water condition like where you plan to run? Tunnels like smooth water where a cat could handle a bit more chop.

Can't speak about cats...

Tunnels to look for, not in any order: TS2, HTB, Van's Racing (if you can find one!), Bandits, WOF's!, certain I've forgotten some.. Some to stay away from: Dolphin (fleebay special), Top Speed (not the same as the TS2), Prather Lap Cat series.. There are older hulls that still work: Aerotech, Dumas Hot Shot Spint (I never liked the ABS versions)...

For a new person coming in, I'd suggest a TS2 with the OS .21 for power plant. Depending on which radio you get, could get out under $500 for a full setup.
Old 10-08-2007, 06:27 PM
crazy maxx

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

go tunnel and im building a top speed 2 ELECTRIC. there alot easier and more fun. u dont have to worry about ur boat dying in the middel of the lake or blowing over. eletric motor can take some water one them. nitro espically cant.nitro u have to flush out the sleves and make sure every thing is running correctly and u dnt have to worry about spending 20 -30 dollars on nitro fuel if u go eletric. if u wana build an eletric tunnel use the top speed 2 hull with this setup http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/pro...?prod=grp-2337 and this esc http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/pro...od=rch-vic1032
Old 10-08-2007, 07:15 PM
djohnson20

well thank u to both of u im gonna look and c which 1 i like the most outta all the tunnels because i like the thundercat 31
Old 10-09-2007, 08:40 PM
nothinbetr2do

welcome aboard, go ahead and get the thundercat 31. i got one awhile back, and it's alot of fun. have a look
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Om33441.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	47.1 KB
ID:	779939   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kf14682.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	50.2 KB
ID:	779940   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pu51359.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	49.3 KB