Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Boats General Discussion
Reload this Page >

need a specific motor/propeller

Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

need a specific motor/propeller

Old 10-19-2007, 10:39 AM
Winnefri

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need a specific motor/propeller

Hello, I'm juuust getting into this boat and stuff building. As in doing preliminary research. I do need to have a project done by Halloween, however, a secret design that I came up with. I really need to know if I can get a propeller, or motor that could be converted into a propeller; something that can be submerged in liquid; the whole unit would need to be around 4 to 5 centimeters long. preferably one that the liquid doesn't go into the actual engine at all. Where can I find something like this; I am really hoping to max at twenty dollars(ish). I'd need to know what kind of battery it runs off of and how long one battery would last it. It's really important that I have two and they spin in opposite directions.

Please, if you have any idea, it's obvious I don't know much but I really want to start experimenting (and I'm running out of time and it's kind of freaking me out).
Old 10-19-2007, 12:45 PM
Umi_Ryuzuki

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: need a specific motor/propeller

Don't know how big you need it, but how about an old trolling motor or two.
They wouldn't be counter rotating, but they are submersable...

Here is a really small submersible motor.
http://www.ares-server.com/Ares/Ares...oduct&ID=83096