Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Boats General Discussion
Reload this Page >

new rc boat club

Community
Search
Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

new rc boat club

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2007, 01:27 AM
merc1500

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new rc boat club

years ago i was a member of the elite fleet dint like the way they treated me so i want start a new rc boat club for people 26 and under in the hampton roads area the elite fleet is the only one so far and there a bunch of old timers i aim to change that so anyone interested please reply if you are

thanks from nicole
Old 11-06-2007, 11:11 AM
piper_chuck
My Feedback: (12)

Default RE: new rc boat club

What kind of boats are you talking about? There is already an R/C club in Chesapeake that runs gas and nitro boats.
Old 11-06-2007, 02:13 PM
merc1500

any boats scale, speed whatever every bodys welcome type thing no discrimination allowed of type i thought it would be good have a none discriminate group i dont think the old salts at the elite fleet really like young people i want something that people of all ages and all types of boats are welcome.

but i need some members before we could start
Old 11-06-2007, 02:50 PM
jdoug

is that all ages under 26?
Old 11-06-2007, 03:06 PM
merc1500

well i dont mind older ages i just dont want to have a club thats dominated by people i there 60's and 70's

i want anybody to jion as long as they dont discrimination something because of race,sex,sexaul orientation,and gender idenity as long as the people obey that i dont care about its just olderer people are less accepting than younger people originally i wanted it to be that way cause the club that i was once in didnt really like young people
Old 11-06-2007, 05:29 PM
jdoug

I gotcha merc. I'd love to join you but I'm on the other side of the country. Where the only other boater I know of is my brother.
Old 11-06-2007, 05:49 PM
merc1500

i feel you the scale boat club in my area didnt take well to me so i wanted to start one that everyone is welcome
Old 11-06-2007, 07:04 PM
piper_chuck

ORIGINAL: merc1500

any boats scale, speed whatever every bodys welcome type thing no discrimination allowed of type i thought it would be good have a none discriminate group i dont think the old salts at the elite fleet really like young people i want something that people of all ages and all types of boats are welcome.

but i need some members before we could start
What on earth are you going on about? Who are the "old salts at the elite fleet"? If you're talking about the Old Dominion club, you couldn't be more wrong. In fact, the only discrimination I see in this whole discussion is from you when you say you want to start a club for people "26 and under". What's up with that?
Old 11-06-2007, 07:53 PM
merc1500

you aint heard of the elite fleet of virginia beach that meets at mount trashmore every sunday

about like i said before older people are more disriminate i dont care how old someone is as long as they dont disciminate somebody the the basis of race,sex,sexaul orientation,and gender idenity

ok radio controled is a hobby for everyone i know quite a few transexuals who are are big into radio controled its just no club that i know of we let them in im just trying to help people make them more comfortable im sure somewhere on this site there are people in this area that have same probelm they just dont want to mention it
Old 11-07-2007, 12:13 AM
Larryds

Wow!! Different!
Old 11-07-2007, 12:40 AM
merc1500

what the dude was pissing me off im just trying make a club in the virginia beach where everybodys welcome how hard is it

is it a bad idea
Old 11-07-2007, 05:38 PM
dirtysouth31

couldnt let this one go..chuck there is a club for scale ELECTRIC boats called the elite fleet..electric and scale being the operative words!!i am a member of two clubs in this area.one being the elite fleet(im 33)and O.D.M.B.A in cheasapeake..we meet on saturdays in cheasapeake during spring and summer and the elete fleet meets on sundays..now who in the eleite fleet said that you wernt welcome there??who said they dont want transexuals there?? dont worry ill wait!!nobody did,did they??you just didnt like the fact that there older men that are set in there ways and they like scale tugs,battleships,and subs..now if you werent close minded you would run your boat and make freinds instead of coming on here bashing a club you know nothing about..and for the record i dont have a tug boat,or battleship or even a sub.but i run whatever i bring to just run a boat..good luck trying to start a club down.nobody wants to race,nobody wants to hang out and run boats..they buy em and run by there selfs..only 2 other people besides me actually run together.diegoboy and animalnut..thats it.you want to run with us.come on!i dont care what you are as long as you have a boat..now quit ranting and raving.either start a club or run with us....good day and good night..

hi chuck
Old 11-07-2007, 07:01 PM
pops52

This is going to be entertaining.

** kicks shoes off and places both "old" feet on the table.**
Old 11-07-2007, 07:07 PM
merc1500

nobody said they were welcome either they would get dirty looks AND smarta@# COMMENTS i bet you i have been there and seen it
Old 11-07-2007, 08:07 PM
dirtysouth31

smartass comments..sorta like calling people"old salts"..hahahaha your funny..seriously if your so hell bent on starting your own club,go to the rainbow cactus company on fri,sat night and start recruiting there..have fun..
Old 11-07-2007, 10:58 PM
merc1500

well most are
Old 11-08-2007, 12:01 AM
Justaddwata
My Feedback: (3)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I cant say I have encountered discrimination at any pond I have frequented. I have seen some people more welcome and encouraged than others but that is more a matter of personal preference than anything else. Some ponds cater better to different levels of interest and ends of the hobby more than others. You will certainly find a reluctance for scale boaters to want to run anywhere near speed enthusiasts. Sometimes nitro guys dont run with gas boaters (since gas boats tend to be heavier and make for a rougher pond) - but alas that is for each individual to decide.

As far as looking for members 26 and under - sounds like discrimination right there. And being almost 10 years over that bar I find that interesting since I have probably helped as many boaters of any age into this hobby as anyone.

I have found model boaters to be interested in model boats - regardless of sex, race, age, or preferences. This forum is neutral to all those classifications and I consider the hobby to be also. What you have found at your pond may well be different - it may also be due in part to the approach you have when visiting a new pond. I personally approach each and every pond with an open mind and respect for the rules and all boaters and visitors. I welcome new boaters and encourage however possible.

I encourage you to find members to boat with and hope this forum will assist you in your endevor

I also remind anyone wanting to stand on the side line and throw stones or make unhelpful remarks to please save me the trouble of removing them

Old 11-08-2007, 12:21 AM
crazyotto
My Feedback: (2)

cant understand this one......
Old 11-08-2007, 12:46 AM
merc1500

can anyone read i swear i said somewhere in this tread hold on let me copy and paste what i said well

"i dont mind older ages i just dont want to have a club thats dominated by people i there 60's and 70's

i want anybody to jion as long as they dont discrimination something because of race,sex,sexaul orientation,and gender idenity as long as the people obey that i dont care about its just olderer people are less accepting than younger people originally i wanted it to be that way cause the club that i was once in didnt really like young people" i think everyone must have missed this post a sides there should be more than 2 clubs in one area this would be the only club i could find that could run everything from gas - scale electric as long as they dont discriminate
Old 11-08-2007, 07:28 AM
crazyotto
My Feedback: (2)

are you a tranny under 26 with a gas boat looking for friends???

i like the idea ove a model boat club , but talking about age and sex doesnt really make sence , just start the dam club and be over with it . i see your a new commer to this site and i welcome you but you really should read some post here before you start writting and getting people here scratchin their head about what you are commin at .
Old 11-08-2007, 09:42 AM
piper_chuck

ORIGINAL: merc1500

can anyone read i swear i said somewhere in this tread hold on let me copy and paste what i said well

"i dont mind older ages i just dont want to have a club thats dominated by people i there 60's and 70's

i want anybody to jion as long as they dont discrimination something because of race,sex,sexaul orientation,and gender idenity as long as the people obey that i dont care about its just olderer people are less accepting than younger people originally i wanted it to be that way cause the club that i was once in didnt really like young people" i think everyone must have missed this post a sides there should be more than 2 clubs in one area this would be the only club i could find that could run everything from gas - scale electric as long as they dont discriminate
It seems like this thread is going in circles. In another thread you FINALLY admitted to the reason you didn't get along with the elite fleet, you wanted to run fast boats. It's funny that YOU are here badmouthing THEM because you didn't fit in. Of course the elite fleet didn't like speed boats, they run scale boats, which are by nature slower, and quieter. If there was an ad for jazz musicians to get together for a jam session, would you bring an electric guitar and start playing some old zeppelin tunes? Nope, didn't think so. The same goes for approaching a boat club that runs one type of boat and asking them if you can run something that's inconsistent with the theme of the club. With hobbies, what you'll quickly discover is that people form clubs around a THEME. The elite fleet has their theme (I found their web site) and speed boats would appear to be at odds with it. If you want to run "speed" boats, you need to find a different group, or start your own.

As far as your assertion about older people being less accepting, I say HOGWASH. Nearly all the "older" people I've encountered in the hobby are very accepting and willingly invest lots of their time sharing their experience with newcomers. However, these older people are typically not at all accepting of know-it-alls who in reality know little, or people who try to do something that's not consistent with the theme of the club. These people are typically given the cold shoulder.

There is already an established club in your area that runs "speed" boats, but from the tone of your posts, I can't tell whether you'd have trouble fitting in with them too.
Old 11-08-2007, 02:02 PM
goldendesign04

Well said piper.
Ive been watching this post since it started with a little "watching a train derail" interest. I personally like to run with people of varied interest, go an shoot the breeze with the scale crowd one day (dont own or operate one) watch the big gassers roar an make some "hedge-bets" with these normally good natured souls an then roar right along with them with my nitros. We've grown up an around a wonderfully diverse society here in the United States but humans have a edgy side as well I wouldnt bring my rowdy pub crawling friends to a bapist revival picnic an Im sure both parties are relieved at it. So bottom line be confident that if approached openly you will be universally accepted anywhere but show up with a chip on your shoulder or a need to proclaim your different (im not saying you are or arent but there is varying degrees we can all get along with) then you will be met with negative sentiment. As a great man once said "Give peace a chance" An Im sure in the end you an those around you will be the better for it.

Peacefully yours
-Wayne

oh yeah an this is a HOBBY so it shouldnt be this hard to have some damn fun!
Old 11-08-2007, 04:13 PM
dirtysouth31

I also remind anyone wanting to stand on the side line and throw stones or make unhelpful remarks to please save me the trouble of removing them

i dont understand what i said that caused my posts to be removed..i am a member of the club in question and just sticking up for them..geez
Old 11-13-2007, 04:48 PM
Diegoboy

I'm an active member of the elite fleet. I attend the meetings, and occasionally the functions when work permits. The last meeting was at John Brown's house on November 20th 2007. If you had attended, you would have seen that the club had an open floor discussion about being "SET IN THEIR WAYS" The club Captain, Todd, stated that if the club doesn't adjust with the trends, the club will fail. It was a great discussion and I was glad to be part of it. There was a retired man there named Paul who was the biggest supporter of the change as well as the captain. Keep in mind, I said "Retired" There is a wealth of information and knowledge in this club, as well as support and assistance. The only restriction is gas/nitro, we get special permission to run our boats and the introduction of gas/nitro would limit our locations to run boats. Otherwise, any boat type, style, & speed are all welcome, as are all types of people. It's a majority rule club, and even the older guys there are supporters of change.

So, if you are or ever was a member, Don't just sign up on the website and meet them at Trashmore. Come to the meetings, and voice your opinion to make your ideas known. Don't start a new thread on a forum and bash a group when you never attended a single meeting.
FYI: I just turned 39 a few days ago, so I won't be joining your club
[link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/community/profile.cfm?section=models&memid=324552]My boats "Corrected"[/link]

[link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/community/profile.cfm?section=models]My boats [/link]<--
Old 11-13-2007, 08:07 PM
dirtysouth31

hey fellow elite fleeter..change your link,its going to mine and theres no boats to see

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.