Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Boats General Discussion
Reload this Page >

I need some help

Community
Search
Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

I need some help

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2002, 09:45 PM
Vince C

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I need some help

I am new to the R/C world and so I am bound to make a few mistakes. I bought the following: an OS FP-M .20 engine, a 2 channel radio system and a inexpensive boat kit. THe boat kit was orginially intended for an electric engine, but I figured I could make the gas engine work. Unfortunately, this was a disastor and I now I am left with a brand new engine, a radio and no boat.

I bought some of my equipment through Tower Hobbies, so I decided to go through their catalogue and find a nice little beginners sport boat for my equipement. Unfortunately, I cannot seem to find any beginner type boats that are compatable with this engine. There seem to be lots of kits for the 0.16 engines and lots for the 0.21 and up engines. My 0.20 engine seems to be somewhat of an oddball engine as it actually has less power than some 0.16 engines (only 0.5 hp).

Does anyone have any advice of what boat that would work with my engine? I would like to find a sport type boat, since they seem to be the best for beginners. I wouldn't mind a scale model boat, but most of them seem to be aimed towards electric engines. I have experience building non-R/C models, so I can buy a boat that requires assembly.

Thanks for the help!
Old 03-02-2002, 01:18 AM
Brad_S

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I need some help

Vince,
Try this web address. I'm sure you will probably find what you're looking for through this page, although it is geared to larger gas powered boats.
Many of the manufacturers in the links page will also have smaller nitro powered boats. Hope this helps.

http://home.austin.rr.com/jnissen/links/index.html

Brad Streeter