Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Boats General Discussion
Reload this Page >

Fibo Craft Sportsman

Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

Fibo Craft Sportsman

Old 12-30-2007, 06:34 PM
Cubpuppy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fibo Craft Sportsman

Hope someone can guide me as Ifinally start this project. Picked this kit up at an auction, everything was there. Fibocraft Sportsman from the 70's. The hull has been started the deck support stringers are in and it had a Eyna .60 with tuned pipe installed. I have taken it out in favor of electric running gear. This is where I need help at. I have done nitro plane and cars for 15 years, but with all the new electrics I'm lost. The boat is 44" long by 16" wide and has a fiberglass hull, the rest is lite ply and hardwood.
I have four pages of full size plans to follow, which should be no problem. I was thinking 12v gel cells for power but anyone using Lipo packs. I am going for scale speeds and good running time. Would like to use electronic speed control. So what would your recommend
for a motor and speed control and battery power and where would I find it at. I have 2 hobby shops and no one has a clue on boat modelling unless it is Traxxas or the fast Zenoh powered boats. I am depending on you fellow modelers for some advice. Thanks so much in advance.