Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Boats General Discussion
Reload this Page >

electric flying boat help

Community
Search
Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

electric flying boat help

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2008, 05:11 PM
pcs2007

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default electric flying boat help

I am looking for info on electric RC flying boats (probably Foamies). Can someone direct me to a good resource, forum, etc. so i can see what is available.
I have seen ads and videos on various "hydrofoamies" (my word ) such as the hydro plane 3D and the hydro fly 2, but would appreciate any input on a good starter hydro.
What would you recommend?
Thanks,
Pete
Old 01-09-2008, 05:35 PM
cyclops2

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: electric flying boat help

A flying boat only lands on the body. All other other types are seaplanes and have 1 or 2 floats.
Milatary or civilian...........Single engine or several engines............Size & price range.
Do you have rc gear to use ?

Rich
Old 01-09-2008, 05:41 PM
pcs2007

Rich - thanks for reply. I have no RC gear. Would be interested in seaplanes also...
Price range Max $150.00

Pete
Old 01-09-2008, 08:01 PM
cyclops2

Are you flying any plane confidently now ? Would this Flying boat be your first airplane ?

Rich
Old 01-10-2008, 05:41 AM
pcs2007

Flying boat would be my first plane. I have been practicing on a sim, which might help.
Pete
Old 01-11-2008, 04:33 PM
cyclops2

I do not lie to a new pilot.

Keep your interest in modeling very high, by starting with a Walmart cheap hand glider for a few bucks. Balsa type where you slide the pieces into the body. It will teach you about how many adjustments affect a planes ability to glide to the ground with a perfect landing.
This adjusting the wing and tail to fly right, NEVER, changes on any type or size of plane.
Next buy the Balsa one with a propellor and a wind up rubber length in it. Wind ONLY 1 row of knots into it. When you can get the wing in different places to fly straght and in a circle YOU WANT IT TO DO, then you are ready for a powered plane.
ALL these flights are FIRST DONE in a field with grass & weeds that ARE NOT tough enough to damage the front edge of the wing. Bring a roll of Scotch Tape for minor repairs.

Those 2 planes will do more to make you so dam confident about how to assemble, adjust and how hard to toss a plane ONLY INTO the wind, that nobody can Bull Shi- you about any plane you will EVER buy. You will know when you have a hopeless piece of Garbage. Garbage planes are still sold everywhere.

Not what anyone wants to hear. But absolutly true.

Is there a flying club that you can get to ?

ALL of my planes, no exceptions, are all hand glided & and adjusted in TALL grass until the glide is perfect with all controls in neutral & surfaces level. All planes can lose power & force you to do a glide in landing.

Somebody on these forums has a phrase. " Takeoffs are optional. Landings are mandatory. "

Rich

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wt59259.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	30.3 KB
ID:	848335   Click image for larger version

Name:	Qo39972.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	29.4 KB
ID:	848336  
Old 01-11-2008, 04:45 PM
cyclops2

In the summer I keep some Balsa gliders & Balsa windups in a big garage where a bunch of us relax with drinks & health ? food.
Rainstorms start pratice flights of spot landings.

A day of gliding beats RAIN anyday.

Rich.