Community
Search
Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.
View Poll Results: A poll
did well
37.50%
very bad
18.75%
excellent
25.00%
ok
18.75%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Did I Do Well?

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2008, 06:34 PM
nitroorelectric

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Did I Do Well?

Hi,
I just recently bought a Bullet Nitro Boat with a .25 Vertex powerplant and a dtx factory tuned pipe it has never been used. I bought it for $365 au. I was very confused about whether to get electric or nitro but i decided on nitro mainly because of the sound and realism of them. COULD SOMEONE ALSO PLEASE TELL ME IF I CAN RUN A NITRO BOAT IN SALT WATER?? WILL I NEED TO RUN IT IN FRESH WATER AFTER THAT ect.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk27367.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	45.6 KB
ID:	852223   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mj24491.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	85.1 KB
ID:	852224   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kf14276.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	90.3 KB
ID:	852225   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ch96649.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	129.7 KB
ID:	852226   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hb80310.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	50.4 KB
ID:	852227   Click image for larger version

Name:	Jv14773.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	53.6 KB
ID:	852228   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yw68795.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	93.9 KB
ID:	852229  
Old 01-15-2008, 07:55 PM
Deathwish
My Feedback: (6)

Default RE: Did I Do Well?

What a beautiful boat. Makes me drool. LOL
Old 01-15-2008, 08:30 PM
munro1656

you can run your boat in salt water but you'll have to give it a real good flush with fresh after i run my boats in salt all the time . A hint those boats don't come with flotation i suggest throwing some in. Where in queensland are you ?
Old 01-15-2008, 09:06 PM
wave waker

not familiar with the hull and motor but the boat looks professionaly done, hardware is great, radio is good, all in all its great set-up and looking boat, not sure of performance..but since it looks good it will run good[8D]..

as what it was mentioned above flush with fresh water after running and sprays with W40 afterwards...IMO, if u have no experience yet with nitro engine boat make sure to check posted forums for do and dont's before first time hitting the water to avoid break-in blues and ...have a blast....enjoy...
Old 01-15-2008, 11:39 PM
nitroorelectric

ok thanks for that just because im new can u fill me in on flotation wat do u mean when u say put some flotation in it lol i guess i sould a bit noob now huh
Old 01-15-2008, 11:42 PM
nitroorelectric

hi thanks for that i live near toowoomba in queesland so i wont be using the boat in salt water all the time just when i go on hols and stuff, can u explain in more depth wat is floataion and how do i throw floation in the boat sorry but im very new
Old 01-16-2008, 04:29 AM
RCSANTOS

HI MY NAME IS CHARLES SANTOS FROM MIAMI ,THIS IS A GOOD HOBBY ,YES YOU CAN RUN BOATS IN SALT WATER ,BUT AFTER THAT YOU HAVE TO CLEAN VERY GOOD THE BOATS FOR DONT GET DAMAGE,BECAUSE OF SALT,I DONT RECOMEND YOU TO DO THAT NOW ,THANKS AND ENJOY YOUR BOAT BYE
Old 01-16-2008, 08:09 AM
LtDoc

'Flotation' is sort of a life-preserver for boats. It can consist of a lot of different thingys, just so long as it results in the boat not sinking if swamped/flipped/whatever. Putting it in isn't the easiest thing in the world after the boat is built, but certainly possible. Not a bad idea in general.
- 'Doc

Did you do well? NO! It's terrible! I think you should send it to me... should I hold my breath?
Old 01-16-2008, 09:41 AM
DUSTINNEWTON

I wish that the folks that are selling all these good quality, low cost boats in Australia would start distributing here as well. There have been so many posts from Australians that got a really nice boat at a very good deal, but the seller only sells in Australia! Good for the Aussies, but I want one too!!! :-)
Old 01-16-2008, 10:01 AM
goldendesign04

Only thing that bothers me about the boat is the strut, from the photo it looks as if it is not adjustable.....but I could be wrong.

Floatation is just that, your boat if turned upside down (which it can easily) while driving or just getting washed by a wave will sink! Its a fact, so put some pool noodle in there or cut up an old life vest an put the strips of foam in there so when you sink her she really wont sink.
If you do run in salt water, a quick rinse will not do, you need to wash the hull down very well getting into everything. Flush your cooling system with fresh water also, I used some cooling line hot glued into the top of a cap of a 2L bottle hung it upside down an let it drain through the cooling system for 3 full bottles before Id even consider storing the boat. Plus liberal use of wd-40 an after run oild will keep the motor an metal bits from going south (get the pun, Im in usa your in au...hahaha ok Im done)
Welcome to boating an good luck if you have any other questions feel free to post in here or the nitro forum a lot of good advise can be had,

-Wayne