Community
Search
Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

Hi everyone !!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2008, 09:10 PM
Groov

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hi everyone !!!

Wow, I have a kinda big question for y'all for my first post. First of all, I am completely new to r/c boats. So new, I don't even have a boat yet.

I saw a few sites and videos on r/c boats a few days ago and was seriously intrigued and motivated to get into this great hobby !!!
Just like anything else I have done (r/c being no different) there are literally TONS of stuff to learn...it never ends !!!
So, before I get into this & make stupid newbie mistakes, I thought I would consult with those in the know.

Here is what I am thinking: I have the "mechanical" ability to build my own boat. HOWEVER I DO NOT have to "knowledge base or technical". Hence, building my own would be a BIG mistake !!!
As I said, there is SOOOO much to learn first !!!

My idea, see if you agree: I am sure I want a Hydro boat running a gasoline engine. The reason for my choice is simply because I love the Hydro design & look, and I want a gasoline engine. Electric or nitro just doesn't interest me. It is just what I want personally and I know this part is just my choice and isnt based on some technological reason or someone else's opinion or intention to race etc.

The question I do have for y'all is this: I think I want to buy a ready to run boat. I don't care about the particulars of brand of engine, etc. I would like as fast as I could get out of the box for the money I intend to spend tho. I know this is maybe a tough question with a thousand opinions and possibilities. Any opinions or ideas y'all are kind enough to give me would be sincerely appreciated !!!

I know being new means making my mistakes, that is just a fact of being new to anything. However, having experienced people giving me a few ideas and opinions will at least get me going in the right direction...know what I mean !!!

I intend to spend $800- maybe $1,200. If there are any RTR boats you can think of that fit my needs, I would really appreciate your direction and advise on the subject.

I have seen 2 on Ebay I think may fit my needs. What do y'all think of these: The Arrow Shark Hydro [link=http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=160202960449&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=006]Arrow Shark[/link]

or this one: [link=http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=300194738819&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=020]26 cc Hydro[/link]

I have tried to do all the reading I could before I picked these out as possible buys. As best as I can tell, they are both ok and should do fine for entry level...that is me of course.

Again, I know this is a big question to answer, but as I said any experience you could pass along to me would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much in advance.

Cheers, Dave