Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Boats General Discussion
Reload this Page >

Want nitro hydro plane for begginer - which one do you suggest?

Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

Want nitro hydro plane for begginer - which one do you suggest?

Old 04-20-2003, 10:15 PM
jacksonjrs
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Want nitro hydro plane for begginer - which one do you suggest?

I'm looking into getting a hydro plane. So far I like the miss bud, but I have heard things such as you can not turn left if your going to fast Is this true?? Can I just slow down to turn left if I want to?? I'm not looking to race the boat, just take it to the lake or pond and have a good time. I would like to stick with a nitro and not electric.

Is there any other hydroplane that use nitro other than the miss bud that come with engine, radio and boat??
Old 04-22-2003, 04:02 AM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Hydros aren't usually a good choice for a beginner, start with an OB tunnel or a deep-vee boat. The Miss Bud has it's share of problems and will do nothing but frustrate a Newbie. So far, anything put out by Pro Boat has had more than it's share of problems, my honest 2 cents worth unfortunately.
Old 04-26-2003, 02:06 PM
Bruce Rolfe
My Feedback: (37)

If you would like a fun boat to play with that is fast I have a Prather LapCat II witha K&B 7.5 outboard on it. I will sell the boat and Radio for 225.00 + Shipping. Let me know if you are interested.
Bruce
Old 04-30-2003, 11:30 AM
iwillkickurdog6
My Feedback: (-1)

i'd definately suggest the Miss Budweiser, its fairley new, Very good reviews, easy to use, and its a nitro
Old 04-30-2003, 06:56 PM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Iwillkickyourdog6, I don't know where you saw the reviews but it must have been in a magazine. They suck up to their advertisers and won't do a bad review on any piece of crap that they get for free or are paid to do. They sell a lot of them just because it is a Miss Bud, not because it's a good boat. I'm waiting for the 1/8 scale to come out to see how bad that overpriced POS is. I saw it in Toledo and wasn't impressed. It will probably have the same problems as their other boats, misaligned shafts, bad flex hex couplers, leaks, thin 'glas work, etc. $1,099.00 for a boat that does only 35 MPH if they're lucky, I don't think so! But it's a Miss Bud, they'll find enough suckers!
Old 05-06-2003, 08:07 PM
FlyingPilgrim
My Feedback: (26)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think you'll be better off with a .21 size tunnel hull or a deep vee. Tunnel if you want more speed. They are easier to set up than hydroplanes or outriggers. If you opt for an outboard, don't forget to get a high torque servo for your steering. If you want a sport deep vee, Great Planes has a Nitro Hammer ARR that looks nice, but I have not heard anything as far as reviews yet.
Old 05-08-2003, 11:23 AM
BUTCHMAN-RCU
My Feedback: (2)

Default hydro

Hey Jacksonjrs, In my humble opinion, check out the Rochester area hobby shops and see if they can put you in touch with some of the guys from the Roch. Model Boat club.They are real nice people and will help you to decide what you want .
When you find them,tell them Butch said Hi.