Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

Radio Idea?

Old 04-01-2008, 10:12 AM
MudbugnTX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Radio Idea?

I am thinking of getting into gas boats since I have gas airplanes. I also have nitro trucks and cars. My questions are these since most of you already have good setups running on your boats.

1. I want a pistol grip style remote capable of more than one model memory. ( I prefer JR, but you guys know better than me on boats)
2. I also want one that is reliable on water not just for surface use like some cars and trucks.
3. It has to be at least FM, PPM or Spektrum.

Thanks for any help and advice.
Old 04-01-2008, 10:48 AM
Dan S

Default RE: Radio Idea?

Mud,

I use a JR XS3, FM, Synthesized frequency, 3 channel, 6 model memory. I have not had any problem what so ever in any of my boats with this system and have more than enough range for any size of racing course.

you can also go for the JR XS3 Pro, it has 10 model memory.

a lot of people also use the 3PK and other good Futaba.

If you want to go towards the 2.4Ghz spread spektrum, there are a few threads on the go at this time, some say they have no problem but the more I read, it seems that there are more people having range problem in boats with the Spektrum.

So far the verdict is Futaba FASST system.

Dan.
Old 04-02-2008, 07:38 AM
MudbugnTX

Default RE: Radio Idea?

Ok, The JR XS3-Pro has been discontinued. The JR XS3 looks like the only other model close to the Pro. Any other recommendations for radios everybody?