Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Boats General Discussion
Reload this Page >

need help with air boat design

Community
Search
Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

need help with air boat design

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2003, 07:02 PM
demonmckee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help with air boat design

i am working on plans for an air boat that is 5'x3'x8"deep. my plans call for 2- 32cc weed eater motors. 2- 8"x4" stabilizers in the rear. my only concern with the design is, will the hull be to large for the 2 motors? i hear that ryobi 32cc modified can produce about 7000 rpm with the right prop. and 10-12lbs of torque.

if anyone knows better dimensions or foreseen flaws please let me know.
Old 05-05-2003, 12:06 AM
Yogi-Bear

Hey there i have made a scratch moel airboat with a .46 areo motor have a look at my site http://www.geocities.com/will_y66/home.htm and my RCU thread http://www.rcuniverse.com/showthread...992&forumid=43 these 2 pages will give you alot of information i suggest maybe making the same mount and air rudder system as me and then depending on the weight of the engine find a larger body board or make a hull. Note that my hull does approx 40kmh and has never ever come close to tipping over so one could say its a bit under powered but i prefer it this way as i can throw it around and not worry about swimming...........
Old 05-05-2003, 01:21 AM
demonmckee

i will consider your ideas if i should fail. but 4 now i am looking to go BIGGER and BADDER.

thanks anyway