Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

F1 sound

Old 05-09-2008, 08:06 PM
c-cat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default F1 sound

Is there any way I can get the formula one sound out of a twinn zen powered boat? With out spinning 8 zen's at 19k rpm. Any Ideas?
Old 05-09-2008, 11:32 PM
venom290

Default RE: F1 sound

You can stand on the shore and make vvrroom,vvrroom sounds. Thats what I make my kids do.
venom
Old 05-10-2008, 04:19 AM
Justaddwata
My Feedback: (3)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I imagine there is not a way to easly accomplish this. The noise of a 12 or 8 cyl motor turning 15000rpm is likely to be different that what you can get from a 1 cyl motor no matter how you tune it.
Old 05-10-2008, 06:26 AM
c-cat

Just dreamin I sappose, must be the fumes.
Old 05-10-2008, 01:11 PM
pompebled

If you have room for and can carry the extra weight, a powerfull amplifier and speakersystem, loud enough to drown out the Zen, with the batterries to power that system. you could use a soundsampler like the ones used in scale boats, to produce the sound you want, coupled with the position of the throttle, so when you throttle up, so does the soundsystem.

I can think of a number of reasons why this would not work satisfactury in a fast boat, mainly because of the extra weight involved; you'd have a boat at tug speed, sounding like a F1...

Anything smaller and lighter that wil fit in the boat will produce the F1 sound, but won't be able to drown out the Zen.

Maybe a headset, coupled to the mentioned system, so only you hear the F1 sound?

Regards, Jan.
Old 05-10-2008, 10:11 PM
c-cat

Funny,I think boom-boom bass when amp is mentioned ( I reside 20min. from Detriot). Seriously I was leaning towards an exaust muzzle to change the pitch like the ones used on trumpets, but scaled for zen exaust. Hmmm.