Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Boats General Discussion
Reload this Page >

SV27 nitro or brushless....pros/cons

Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

SV27 nitro or brushless....pros/cons

Old 05-20-2008, 08:26 PM
v4impactor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SV27 nitro or brushless....pros/cons

Hey guys, was going to build a boat but decided the best option for me is the Aquacraft SuperVee 27. I'd like to purchase in the next few week, and now my debate is do i go with nitro or brushless. This will be my first boat and I have no experience with brushless and very lil with nitro. I have the option of running either just want to see some pros and cons of either or both. Thanks alot.
Old 05-20-2008, 09:31 PM
Dan S

Default RE: SV27 nitro or brushless....pros/cons

That is what we call opening a can of worms.

it will all come down to what you like and prefer, some only like Nitro, others only swears by FE, and some likes both.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with FE but my preference lays with Nitro and Gas.

The one thing I won't venture into is to give pros and cons for FE and Nitro because its like I said at the beginning its like opening a can of worm.

Dan
Old 05-20-2008, 10:24 PM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

The brushless version will give you more instant gratification as the nitro one will take some time for break-in and needle tweaking. Both run at close to the same speed stock.
Unless you have a lot of battery packs you'll be sitting around recharging. With the nitro you can gas and go.
Whatever you decide on, we have huge threads on both with a lot of support.
It's just hard to tell somebody which one to go for, it's what YOU want, not us. Yeah, I know, I'm a helluva lotta help...........
Old 05-20-2008, 11:09 PM
v4impactor

With the price of batteries these days and charge times, nitro does look like a quicker alternative, question is about how many runs or tanks can you get out of a quart of nitro fuel?
Old 05-20-2008, 11:16 PM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

I don't know what you'd consider a run and I'm not sure how many runs you'd get out of a quart or gallon for that matter. I have a one gallon can that I refill when it gets low. All I know is that I'm getting some long run times when I top off the tank. When I bring mine in I'm surprised that it has a lot of fuel left when normally I'd be refilling.