Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Boats General Discussion
Reload this Page >

Stupid questions

Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

Stupid questions

Old 06-01-2008, 12:10 AM
D Dub

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stupid questions

Hello all! Let me start by saying I am a new member and just have a few basic questions that may sound pretty lame to most of you and I apologize in advance. I am considering purchasing a Miss Vegas rtr or one the comparable versions, Miss Budweiser and Miss Elan I think they are made by proboat. So which is the better boat? My uncle has the Miss Vegas and likes it but says the the build quality may be some what poor with his falling apart a bit. Which is faster? Finally what is the deal with the engines? Is a .15 faster than the .18? I told you they were stupid questions and appreciate your patience and any help you could give me. Thanks in advance.
Old 06-01-2008, 12:49 AM
tazmaniaboats

Default RE: Stupid questions

i would go for a v hull as startung point then buy what you want there are alot of guys here that will help .try nitro topics.
Old 06-01-2008, 08:19 AM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Don't worry about sounding lame, I'd be afraid to go back and look at some of the stupid questions that I asked way back when!
Getting a Miss Vegas would be greta as you already have an uncle with one. It's a lot roomier than the Pro Boat boats which makes it a lot easier to work on. It's also more upgradable.
I've seen a Miss Bud blow the hull apart at the seam after a light hit so I can't say that it's a stronger hull.
An .18 is a larger engine than a .15 so it will have more power. No RTR boat is perfect so you're going to get what you pay for but are still very good buys for the prices.
Old 06-02-2008, 05:28 PM
dazedandconfused

I have a stupid question as well..lol..whats the difference between the props? i saw that link for offshorelectrics..with all these octura props..i saw they all had different #'s..But my question is what does the different numbers symbolize.
Old 06-02-2008, 08:48 PM
Dan S

there you go Daze, that should give you a hand.

http://www.astecmodels.co.uk/props.htm

Dan.
Old 06-04-2008, 05:51 PM
dazedandconfused

thanks man