Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Boats General Discussion
Reload this Page >

I need some help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

I need some help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 06-05-2008, 09:02 AM
rhoyt2500

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I need some help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just bought the Aquacraft airforce airboat from tower hobbies and i can not get it to work properly first it filled with water and i had to replace the radio and now as soon as it gets in the water the engine dies does anyone else have this boat? I would like to convert it to an air rudder so it would be more like an airboat another thing that i have noticed is that the speed is not that great and it has an OS .46 please give me any ideas thanks alot.

Rich

St pete, Fla.

Old 06-05-2008, 06:23 PM
suzukiboy

Default RE: I need some help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have had 2 of these with the original Aquacraft engines and I find them very easy to tune/run.
I run then out of the water and normally don't have to tune on water at all.
Do you run it thought the whole rev range out of the water?

I have heaps of problems running my other Nitro RC boat, tune then out of the water but as soon as the prop hits the water they stall.
The Aquacraft Hammer has been the only one that doesn't give me trouble.

I also found the speed and turning circle was not anywhere near as good as my MI$$ Flightcraft Airboat with a MDS 46

I have just brought another Airforce and a O.S. 46 as well, look forward to running it
Old 06-05-2008, 06:40 PM
Dan S

I can feel your pain guy's.

your airboat is easier to tune out of the water due to the motor being under load by the plane propeller, so when you tune it on land and it runs great on the whole power band it will run fine on the water.

the regular Nitro boats however thats a different story, if you tune it on the table so it runs great, it won't run in the water.

Tune them (HSN) so they run fat (rich) on land, very often if not most of the times you will need to bleep the throttle to clear the engine so it won't load up and stall.

clear it just before launching in the water and they should run fine.

Dan.
Old 06-06-2008, 07:19 AM
rhoyt2500

Thanks man but all i've had is trouble with this boat and it has cost me so much i haven't even enjoyed 5 minutes of the boat and u r right it's turning is really bad I had a swamp buggy by dumas years ago i should of bought one of those!!!!!!!!!!!! it was a great boat