Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Boats General Discussion
Reload this Page >

Ok need more help

Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

Ok need more help

Old 06-06-2008, 06:13 PM
Fitzpoppa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ok need more help

I bought the super V 27 made by hobbico. This is my first boat i took it out of the box charged the batterys took it to the lake put it in the water and gave it a little juice. NOW i turned it around and slowly put on the throttle. when it got on a nice plane it continued to life and flipped right the heck over. laying on its top i freaked out like a idiot when it started to sink. I jumped into the lake (DUMB MOVE) and got my boat back. dried it out and it is running good again. Im afraid to put it in the water. Does anyone know how to ajust the boat so that this dont happen again. right now i have a 400 doller dust collector.
Old 06-07-2008, 02:39 AM
Umi_Ryuzuki

Default RE: Ok need more help

Move the battery weight forward, and trim the tabs at the stern down an equal amount on each side.

That should help keep the nose from lifting and blowing over.
Old 06-07-2008, 03:46 AM
pompebled

Hi Fitzpoppa,

In order to avoid 'freaking out like an idiot', and trying to get your name in the paper as victim number XXX, drowned while trying to rescue a modelboat, tape down the hatch prior to running the boat.
This will stop the boat from sinking in case of a flip. Also check for other minor leaks, like the antenna and rudder rod.

NEVER swim after a boat, unless the water is lukewarm, better is to bring a fishing pole with a tennisball to retreive a flipped boat.

The best remedy is to make the boat selfrighting, by fitting out the hull with a floodchamber.
As it's your first boat and this requires know how and major surgery, I won't suggest you do this.
Stick with the tape and the fishing pole.

Take the time to read up on the many SV threads to learn more about how to set it up properly.

Regards, Jan.
Old 06-07-2008, 08:07 PM
Dreamin Hemi

Do you have any sort of floatation inside that hull? Pool noodles work great!
Old 06-08-2008, 08:16 PM
coyv10

Use fun noodles in the fron and down the sides ans get some shoe goo to hold them in, no more sinking..