Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Boats General Discussion
Reload this Page >

Setting up a new boat

Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

Setting up a new boat

Old 06-13-2008, 02:45 AM
mikesf

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Setting up a new boat

Since I have positively passed the likeness test in RC nitro marine with my cheaply bought Kyosho Bluestreak, I am now moving to setup a new, better faster and more decent boat. I have ordered a 30" fibreglass deep vee hull (I run on sea and need a boat that can handle waves), I have a Futaba radio, a just broken-in OS 18, octura prop, and I need some help...

Things that I have identified that I need:

1. Rudder
2. Connecting rods for the rudder and the throttle
3. Flotation device
4. Water cooling pickup and outlet
5. Fuel and water lines

Stuff that I haven't decided yet (Here I need your valuable experience)

1. I have in my Bluestreak a solid axle for the drive. Shall I get a flexishaft and which one?
2. Shall I get trim tabs and turn fins? I don't want to drill unnecessary holes in my hull...
3. How do I attach the engine to the hull? I am good in constructions and I have all the tools and materials...
4. How on earth do I decide where to attach the engine, radio box tank, apart from the obvious clearance for working... (balancing...)
5. Stuff I am missing?????

Sorry for the looooooong post but I need your help, although my country has an extremely long nautical tradition, ridiculously expensive prices has prevented people to go into rc... Thank God ebay is here to stay.... hahahaha...

Thanks again for taking the time to go through my post, extra thanks to those that take 5 to post...

Mike
Old 06-13-2008, 06:58 AM
ormer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Setting up a new boat

hi there i am no proffesional like some them here
but i might be able halp a small amount
1. I have in my Bluestreak a solid axle for the drive. Shall I get a flexishaft and which one?
well this will depend how and what type of drive you wish to put in it either surface or sub surface drive
2. Shall I get trim tabs and turn fins? I don't want to drill unnecessary holes in my hull...
i believe that these are always an after item as test boat first see if the items are needed no need to spend money on if you dont need them
3. How do I attach the engine to the hull? I am good in constructions and I have all the tools and materials.
these are available on ebay from prestwich models
4. How on earth do I decide where to attach the engine, radio box tank, apart from the obvious clearance for working... (balancing...)
first ask the supplyer if they have any plans for the boat normally they may have an idea
also could ask here ounce you know the type hul and look at other photos people have to get the idea
as i say i am no proffesional and i m also new to this
hope i help a bit
Attached Images