Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Boats General Discussion
Reload this Page >

84" deep vee help

Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

84" deep vee help

Old 07-01-2008, 12:46 PM
cat samich

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 84" deep vee help

so after some really long thought i decided that a really large hull was for me. i dont want to pay 1400$ for a bonzi 84" classic. does anyone else make a 84" or longer hull for less cost?
Old 07-01-2008, 01:27 PM
jdoug

Default RE: 84" deep vee help

www.mhzusa.com

Old 07-01-2008, 01:48 PM
cat samich

i found this but it doesnt help, its 1500$ as well

http://206.206.85.209/xtdoc/Details....9&store=mhzusa

im trying for no more than 600$ for hull and hatch
Old 07-01-2008, 03:48 PM
Dan S

you may be able to find one used, but when you get into that size of boat you have to be able to pay the price.

just wait once you start putting the hardware and buying twin engines, not including a paint job (if you want one).

Dan.
Old 07-01-2008, 05:05 PM
cat samich

paint i can do myself, i was raised in an autobody and have been doing glass and paint longer than anything else, as far as a twin engines, i wont need them. i have a single 10 hp 82cc saw engine im going to use mated to a gear box and a surface drive. i think with 10 hp and an mhz 1 in 2 out gear box with a pair of surface drives it should be a blast.
Old 07-01-2008, 05:11 PM
Justaddwata
My Feedback: (3)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

ORIGINAL: cat samich

so after some really long thought i decided that a really large hull was for me. i dont want to pay 1400$ for a bonzi 84" classic. does anyone else make a 84" or longer hull for less cost?
Considering that the $1400 hull you like was $595 from the same company I feel it might be just a little OVERPRICED.

Consider a 70" apache from Expresscraft from Expresscraft for under $400 shipped - great boat with style and can hold twins.

Also realistically consider the aeromarine 56" apache. It is a big boat in so many ways and will handle a qd35 very well. It will tackle the same conditions as an 84 and yet still fit in your car.

I have yet to be sold on the 84. I have an 84 with some glass issues so I know the size, shape, and bulk well. I have boats that dwarf this boat and think she really is not worthy of all the fuss (or $$$). Shipping is going to be a big expense. storage, handling, launching and transport - more headache. And powering it - more $$

Not trying to talk you out of one - but just think it is sometimes like wanting a great dane when you live in an apartment building - great to have but just not always the best option.

Marine Specialties used to offer an 84" apache - I am not sure if they are still in the glass industry but I cant imagine everyone selling this big vee for 3 times what it is worth.