Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Boats General Discussion
Reload this Page >

Looking at Pro Boat FASTech Brushless RTR

Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

Looking at Pro Boat FASTech Brushless RTR

Old 07-07-2008, 02:05 PM
JonKBMW

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking at Pro Boat FASTech Brushless RTR

Hey guys - just saw this series of boats from a co-worker and thought they were really really neat. I have a pond thats about 150 - 200 ft x 100 - 125ft and was looking at the Pro Boat FASTech Brushless RTR boat. Its in my price range and looks really nice. Is this a good boat to get started with? I COULD go with a Nitro version of the same boat I believe, same price, but I am not sure if I want to go Nitro or not... the fuel is more expensive and the motors do need maintenance...

So, would this Brushless FASTech Formula boat be good for me?

http://www.proboatmodels.com/Product...ProdID=PRB3750

Thanks all!
Old 07-07-2008, 02:52 PM
pompebled

Default RE: Looking at Pro Boat FASTech Brushless RTR

Hi Thanks all!,

If you like the boat and are satisfied with the performance, which doesn't look bad at all on the video, I'd say, go for it!

Just keep in mind it's RTR, so the components are picked out to function within the parameters of this product.

Being European, I'm not at all pleased with the non watertight hatch; a boat this quick is bound to end up flipped sooner or later, so either put in boyancy (nitro), or tape down the hatch(electric) so it doesn't sink when flipped.

Do let us know if you've purchased it and keep us posted of it's working life, preferably with pics and vids.

Regards, Jan.
Old 07-09-2008, 10:06 AM
jayavanmaele

ya good boat lots say its crap but don,t even have it i have it very fast 30mph out of the box i made mine make 40mhp....but nitros a mess really hard and need lots of skills and tools.....
Old 07-09-2008, 10:29 AM
misshydro

well ,yes and no. yes nitro can be alittle tricky to work with. messy yes oil but that can be cleaned up very easly. The proublem I have with FE is they cost more then a nitro stuff. ESC cost can go up to 600.00 the motors the same way too. Plus electric+water dont mix. they at times can catch on fire. Go look on tube for some FE boat fires. I would like to have one but with my luck all the bad stuff would happen to me.
Old 07-09-2008, 03:30 PM
darindotson

Great boat, have had no issues whatsoever, and it runs very fast out of the box with NiMh batteries. My 10 year old son loves it- I am considering upgrading to lipos soon.
Old 07-09-2008, 05:32 PM
jayavanmaele

What do you think about the Formula Fastech...what would you think is the best electric deep vee boat because i,m thinking about getting another one?
Old 07-09-2008, 05:36 PM
jayavanmaele

I have the Formula fastech from pro boat..But i want to upgrade my engine what would be the best one to pick...P.S one that fits in easy because i don,t want to change everything!