Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

Hit a bass?

Old 07-09-2008, 07:51 PM
EricOnTheWeb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hit a bass?

Has anyone here ever ran into a fish while playing with your boat?..LOL I'm talking a big bass or Pike...

Has a fish ever tried to eat your boat??...lol...biting the spinning prop or something...
Old 07-10-2008, 12:27 AM
GRANT ED

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Hit a bass?

Not a fish but I have heard of people hitting turtles with their boats. Makes a mess of the prop .
Old 07-10-2008, 02:03 AM
dicko

the race meat before the last one I attended had a plastic crate floating just under the surface of the water that did a few boats over before the retrieval boat finally found it.

the last race I was at a hydro hit something that punched a small hole onthe bottom & blew the top panel off the boat, like a gunshot wound, but was probably a stick. At the same race I hit something that knocked my rudder back, but didn't shear the brass bolt. It was big enough to spin the boat around though.

I've hit something with my micro rigger (renegade rigger) that ripped off the turnfin strut & cracked open the stuffing tube exit in the main tub, I think that was a turtle. the prop was fine luckily.
Old 07-10-2008, 03:45 AM
ob nut
My Feedback: (1)

Two years back, my HTB360 hit something at 55mph.. Ruined the boat.. Never did find out what it was. Water was smooth as glass with nothing on the surface. I searched and searched the water for what was hit.. Nothing found. The lake does have some huge large mouth in it.

Some 15 years back, my ex-wife was running a Hot Shot Sprint with a mod-d K&B OB on it. She hit a 4" thick x 2' long waterlog'd log.. We had been running for over 2 hours at this place.. When no boats were on the water, water was smooth as glass. Never did see the log floating.. The motor is still sitting at the bottom of that lake. The log looked like a hatchet was used on it.
Old 07-10-2008, 10:36 AM
Ron Olson

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

I had a 3.5 OB tunnel that at a certain spot in the pond it would do a forward endo. I never did find anything in the water.
I have heard of large Muskie's attacking trolling motor props not not a fish trying for a model boat prop. I could see where a fish could go for a prop as fishermen use spinner baits or buzz bait lures but they'd have to be fast fish.
Old 07-10-2008, 11:24 AM
mopartybob

I don't know if it was a LARGE carp,or toitle....or what, but i'm sure whatever it was,it has a HEADACHE....... [:-] http://www.vimeo.com/745896
Old 07-10-2008, 11:56 AM
mfr02

Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts

The world Marblhead at Fleetwood in the late '80's was given an extra dimension by the large number of dead eels in the water getting wrapped round the fins. I believe the flyboys call the effect a "ground loop"
Old 07-10-2008, 12:16 PM
mopartybob

ORIGINAL: mfr02

The world Marblhead at Fleetwood in the late '80's was given an extra dimension by the large number of dead eels in the water getting wrapped round the fins. I believe the flyboys call the effect a "ground loop"
Ground Loop...... with a 1 point landing........lol
Old 07-10-2008, 01:14 PM
misshydro

well I'd killed three fish with my boats!!LOL!! My boyfriend calls my boats fishkillers.LOL!!
Old 07-12-2008, 09:57 AM
asmithnc

At our last race in Florida we had big problems with gators. Not only would the steal our track in the middle of the race but one lungded at a boat while racing.

All boaters have had issues with turtles, fish and things we never saw. I for one got tired of beat up aluminum rudders blades. So for the last seveal years now I am running ravor sharp Titanium rudder blades. They have gotten a nick-name for others.... Filet of Rudder.
Old 07-12-2008, 09:13 PM
DONS BOAT WORKS
My Feedback: (3)

So, how fast does that cup go?
Old 07-12-2008, 11:12 PM
Ron Olson

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

ORIGINAL: DONS BOAT WORKS

So, how fast does that cup go?
I dunno but I'd bet that it turns really well!
Old 07-14-2008, 02:25 AM
cadmunkey

I hit a spawning salmon in a creek once with my scale trawler and the prop got stuck in the fish. The fish did shake it free after a few moments though. And I was fine but there was a nice hole in the fish.

Cheers,
Old 07-16-2008, 07:44 PM
suzukiboy

Yes hit turtles before split a woody gas boat on all the seams and lost the rudder.

And had has turtles try to eat the boats when they are stalled in the middle of the dam.