Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Boats General Discussion
Reload this Page >

Do we Need a DRAG Boats Forum,Gas and/or Electric

Community
Search
Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.
View Poll Results: A poll
GAS
44.19%
ELECTRIC
25.58%
No need drag forum
30.23%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Do we Need a DRAG Boats Forum,Gas and/or Electric

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2008, 08:17 PM
mopartybob

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Do we Need a DRAG Boats Forum,Gas and/or Electric

Thanks Matt,and for those who vote either way ...thank-you..... [8D]
Old 07-11-2008, 10:41 PM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Like Matt said, it's not easy getting another forum in here. You guys don't know what I went through to get our very own off-topic forum.
What Matt and Scot will need to do is show Marc, Mark, Nate and the others that there is a need for a grag boat forum. The only way to do that is to get active threads going by a lot of members, not just a couple that keep bumping them up.
If there is then enough interest it's no big deal for the Mod's to move the threads into a new forum of its own.

Bob, you might have generated more interest in this thread had you put it in the general boating forum as you are asking for both gas and electric people about this. If you'd like it moved, talk to one of the Mod's and it's only a couple of clicks to do.
Old 07-11-2008, 10:48 PM
mopartybob

thanks Ron,(my first poll) scott,matt,could you please repost this in the general discussion board thanks...
Old 07-12-2008, 12:23 AM
Justaddwata
My Feedback: (3)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

ORIGINAL: mopartybob
thanks Ron,(my first poll) scott,matt,could you please repost this in the general discussion board thanks...
Moved
Old 07-12-2008, 04:17 AM
ozzie-crawl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yes i wouldnt mind a drag forum but would rather a saw forum
Old 07-12-2008, 10:40 AM
Paul M

I love anything drag racing oriented especially boats. But without an outlet for racing, I can't see it getting very popular with anyone but the hardcases like me. One 3 or 4 sec burst of power without competition is going to get boring fast for the average hobbiest. The drag boats I have made would run in a circle just fine you would just have to back off the throttle.

I have had some contact with the RCdragboat.com people over the past couple years. Dan is a super guy but I have noticed activity on that board has dwindled to almost nothing so I hardly go over anymore. The chain saw boys in Texas were supposed to try and get a racing venue going complete with traps and christmas trees but nothing has materialized yet. They never return emails so I have pretty much given up on them.

As much as I hate it, without a competitive circuit, I don't think it would catch on.
Old 07-12-2008, 11:18 AM
gpzy

I know this might be a dumb question but are we talking scale drag boats ? Isnt saws racing, drag racing ? Besides saws racing have never seen anything close to drag racing. And except for a few of the racing classes no scale racing boats.

Manny
Old 07-12-2008, 11:25 AM
mopartybob

ORIGINAL: Paul M

I love anything drag racing oriented especially boats. But without an outlet for racing, I can't see it getting very popular with anyone but the hardcases like me. One 3 or 4 sec burst of power without competition is going to get boring fast for the average hobbiest. The drag boats I have made would run in a circle just fine you would just have to back off the throttle.

I have had some contact with the RCdragboat.com people over the past couple years. Dan is a super guy but I have noticed activity on that board has dwindled to almost nothing so I hardly go over anymore. The chain saw boys in Texas were supposed to try and get a racing venue going complete with traps and christmas trees but nothing has materialized yet. They never return emails so I have pretty much given up on them.

As much as I hate it, without a competitive circuit, I don't think it would catch on.
thanks Paul,albeit a sobering conclusion,it appears it is not ready to take off yet without an infusion of enthusiasum, 20+ positive votes out of over 250 hits just is'nt goin to sway the mods...lol....but I'll be dad-gummed if i'm gonna let it rest,I'm off to my local pond right now,gonna toss the idea round with the regulars and anyone else interested and catch their inputs,....if building a xmas tree and traps is all it takes to start'em up,i'm sure it would have more than a few people who would want to run what they brung thru the traps.....be it nitro,gas,or elect.,...... will post my results when i get back [8D]
Old 07-12-2008, 11:41 AM
mopartybob

ORIGINAL: gpzy

I know this might be a dumb question but are we talking scale drag boats ? Isnt saws racing, drag racing ? Besides saws racing have never seen anything close to drag racing. And except for a few of the racing classes no scale racing boats.

Manny
Hey manny,racing anything is as Americana as apple pie.....the more scale the better,.....
Old 07-12-2008, 11:48 AM
gpzy

ORIGINAL: mopartybob

Manny
Hey manny,racing anything is as Americana as apple pie.....the more scale the better,.....

Totaly agree!!!!
Old 07-12-2008, 12:14 PM
misshydro

Bob you about about me sturing up troubles& causing a rucause!!LOL!!
Old 07-12-2008, 12:16 PM
misshydro

I'll tell you what forum we need is and bodywork and repair& paint forum!!!!!! for boats!!! cars&truck have the even the planes do too.[>:]
Old 07-12-2008, 01:24 PM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Manny
No, SAW racing is more like running at the Bonneville Salt Flats as it's more for all-out speed rather than racing against another vehicle. You also have to make a pass in both directions to establish a record.
Old 07-12-2008, 03:48 PM
007clint

Yes - a SAW forum would be great BUT you got me thinking and researching R/C drag boats. I like the way the new Thunderboat class looks with the simulated engines - a few of the drag boats you posted look cool in the same way. I know small-scale V8s are outlandishly expensive although they make them also.
Old 07-12-2008, 07:21 PM
mopartybob

I asked about 20 of the people at my pond today how they felt about a liquid 1/4 mile,organised into classes, they welcomed the idea wholeheartedly,but due to the restricted amount of time to run 9am-1pm. they really did'nt want it to interfere with there basic boat bashing,so it was mentioned that if started early enough before the bashers got there,they would indulge themselves....my point being is this, if you build it,they will come...... now where did i put those christmas tree lites.......
Old 07-12-2008, 07:39 PM
joseywales

got my vote. yes for a drag boat forum.
Old 07-12-2008, 08:19 PM
Paul M

ORIGINAL: 007clint

Yes - a SAW forum would be great BUT you got me thinking and researching R/C drag boats. I like the way the new Thunderboat class looks with the simulated engines - a few of the drag boats you posted look cool in the same way. I know small-scale V8s are outlandishly expensive although they make them also.

Now that hit's it on the head We have Thunderbolt classes. So why not drag boat classes. and really even if you ran em in a circle, drag boats look sooooooo cool.

Augusta Southern Nationals next weekend.... I can smell the nitro already[:-]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Tr51268.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	120.7 KB
ID:	989368   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ez83513.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	164.9 KB
ID:	989369  
Old 07-12-2008, 08:30 PM
jefflee65

Sweet red TAF boat Paul M!! I just ordered my hull from Dana today. I hope the forum goes!! It shouldnt be sepertate though, One forum for electric,gas and nitro!! If you spreed it to thin it might die out. Exspecially if there is one or two people posting on the electric stuff and 25 or so on the gas and nitro stuff!! Get me a Drag Boat forum!.....Do it... Just do it!!
Old 04-24-2022, 10:02 AM
Dana W

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Drag Boat Thread

I vote yes for a drag boat forum.
The following users liked this post:
Justaddwata (04-24-2022)