Community
Search
Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

Rio 51 or V24

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2008, 11:18 AM
JScharp 7675

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rio 51 or V24

I have to choose the Rio 51 or the V24 but im not sure what one to get
Thanks,
Justin
Old 08-04-2008, 07:55 PM
monsterbrad

Default RE: Rio 51 or V24

Justin save your money and get a real boat these boats are ok but are prone to problems.
Go to
www.warehousehobbies.com
Get the Team G or gator I think it is and you will love it.
Very good boat it is air cooled but you can step up to water cooled later or get the Team Pro which is a very awesome boat also.
Old 08-05-2008, 09:39 PM
schnipster

my buddy got a v24..it looks kind of cool and it looks huge for some reason... i.i would say the hull is pretty solid but the motor rails are cheap and the hardware looks great but you can see its not that solid or light
the rio, from what i hear is a good boat, i have a shockwave 55, i must say it is a pretty good boat, for fun it has twin rudder so it turns like a skiboat and goes pretty fast stock...i have a few mods and it flies faster thatn it should....i would maybe be open to looking at the proboat shockwave 55 its an option in this price range....what monsterbrad said is fact...even if you save money now you will spend it later for better quality and workmanship...hence the ordering of my fitst aeromarine challenger 48 pro....these boats and the whh boats are in a totally different league...spend the extra couple of hundred dollars and have a boat for 5 years insted of 2 months like me and already upgrading....good kuck
Old 08-22-2008, 12:17 PM
01VIPER27
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am the buddy with the V24. I like both boats simply because it is cheap and ready to run, many people has a cigar, cat or rigger but how many has a BAT BOAT, as for rails to mount you engine on that is easily remedied. I like to build from a base so that is not a problem. However, if I had the money and it was not a concern, I would have an aeromarine hull or two.

One thing I will tell you is always on any model you buy, do a pre check before you use it. Tighten all your bolts, use locktite where you think you will need it, and last but not the least, DO NOT SWIM FOR YOUR BOAT IF IT SINKS SPECIALLY IF YOU CANNOT SWIM.

Upgrading from my stock BT-24 Fuji Imvac engine to a Zenoah 260 PUM. Maybe one day I will have a modded ZEN260 as well. All in time.
Old 08-22-2008, 03:18 PM
schnipster

viper you are a true animal buddy...we found a spot to run in oshawa 11 bucks to get in and a bay that is designated to boats under 9 hp lol

the person running the park said alot of rc boaters go there......dude come out and run the mini c.....
Old 08-23-2008, 12:40 AM
01VIPER27

Call me in the morning. I might. Post the exact location here.
Old 08-23-2008, 06:54 AM
schnipster

we are meeting at my house for 2 pm//////come for the fun my man you can run with us
Old 08-25-2008, 12:01 AM
01VIPER27

Our trip was a long day.

Scnipster's Modded Zenoah 260 at Darlington National Park. First Canadian Offshore Maiden Voyage
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfvhZw9T_SA

Schnipster's Modded Zen 260 at at Mt. Joy Pond
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfcnWQ-pt10

Two Stick Tom's Stock air cooled Zenoah 260 at Mt. Joy Pond
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c83Cf76kP5E

After all was said, both boats were running at the end of the day while I watched. Grrr! I cant wait to have my parts in.

Mine before the cracked cylinder head on the stock engine.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zZAieAAYGM