Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Boats General Discussion
Reload this Page >

So where do you drive a Nitro boat

Community
Search
Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

So where do you drive a Nitro boat

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2008, 12:08 PM
JonKBMW

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So where do you drive a Nitro boat

I am flirting with the idea of getting a SuperVee 27 nitro. I have a mini rio which I am hopping up but the battery life now is short and I have 3 stock batteries. When I put in the VR3 motor I will probably have even less time. I like the idea of bringing a quart of fuel and running for a while. I know it costs more over time, but I don't have a problem spending $15 to have a while with my boat. Yes nitro is more finicky sometimes...

but anyway, how do you know where you can and cannot play with the boat? I have this GREAT lake near me (not a great lake literally) but its in a park called Core Creek park - I am pretty sure I can't bring gas powered watercraft there. But, how do I know where I can?
Old 08-05-2008, 02:55 PM
misshydro

Default RE: So where do you drive a Nitro boat

Call the park office and ask them about running your nitro boat. 95% of the time if you explain your situation they'll let you run it as long as you respect the wildlife around there. Just dont be chacing the duck geese or upset the fishermen and any other wildlife with your boat then you should be in the clear.
Old 08-05-2008, 03:12 PM
JonKBMW

Hey thanks - just called this park specifically and asked. She said no problem with R/C but nothing gas powered in the water
Old 08-05-2008, 04:25 PM
TCHedOff

Got lakes by you?

Technically, you can anywhere full-sized gas boats are allowed. I live on a bay of a lake... the water is always smoother in a bay especially in the morning and in the late afternoon/early evening... often almost like glass.

MissHydro is right about the wildlife and fisherman - also stay a way from swimmers... you dont want to accidently hurt someone w/your boat or prop.
Old 08-08-2008, 11:42 AM
MOVMX Racer

I just run at the same lake I drive the SeaDoo in... I figure, as long as I can drive a boat or ride a ski there, then I can drive my SV27 there too. Just be sure to follow the rules and don't disturb anyone... Most people think my nitro is awesome and want to know where it came from!