Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Boats General Discussion
Reload this Page >

Twin 380 Electric boat mods

Community
Search
Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

Twin 380 Electric boat mods

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2008, 12:01 PM
Alexxx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Twin 380 Electric boat mods

I know its not a full hobby grade boat, but it is still fun to drive and i would love it with a bit more speed. I used it about a year ago with a 1800mah 7.2v nicad.All my nicads have long since died, and i saw it in the shed and had an urge to use it. It does not have proportional control, but was great for a boat worth $60 or so. Also one of the motors was more powerful than the other, which meant that it steered to one side without turning. Would it be possible to solder on some car motors, like venom fireball 370s? I also have a 2s lipo anyone know if that will make a difference?
Old 09-11-2008, 12:14 PM
Alexxx

Default RE: Twin 380 Electric boat mods

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsFr15Xnt7U

thats a bit faster than stock lol, im not really aiming for speeds that high, just as much as i can get from it with keeping the stock electronics. It is a victory ep boat if this helps
Old 09-12-2008, 10:09 AM
weasel1

Default RE: Twin 380 Electric boat mods

I'm in the same boat as to speak, I would like to water cool motors if I could but have limited experience.I would like to also up grade the motors(380s).