Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Boats General Discussion
Reload this Page >

noob, looking for a good nitro boat

Community
Search
Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

noob, looking for a good nitro boat

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2003, 09:49 PM
torch1221
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default noob, looking for a good nitro boat

im wanting to get into boats, ive been into nitro trucks but want to get in the water. does anyone have any suggestions on a boat . i would like to get ether a hydro or a deep vee, maybe a tunnel hull. please help. ive never drove a r/c boat,but live in the perfect place seeing as there is a lake 2 blocks from were i live.
Old 05-27-2003, 10:24 PM
turilla

Default Nitro Boat

If you are new to boats but know something about nitro engines then I would recommend the Traxxas Nitro Vee as an excellent starter boat. It's reliable, has an in-line clutch for more control, it's easy to start and when it dies in the middle of the lake(which it will, they all do) then the return-to-shore system built into the boat is a godsend.
Other nice boats are the Kyosho BlueStreak GP and AirStreak GP but these don't have the RTS system and have no clutches. Kyosho also make a nitro hydro but it is not very fast or impressive. There are lots of other manufacturers to choose from that make higher performance hulls but starting off I'd stick with a Deep V and work from there.
Old 05-27-2003, 11:08 PM
torch1221

yea ive been thinking about it. but i want something a little bigger than the traxxas vitro vee, a little faster.i have a little boat i can paddle :tired: or i have a trolling motor i can use to go get it. the lake is relitively flat most of the time. only a couple of (real)boats out most of the time.
Old 05-27-2003, 11:24 PM
turilla

Default Boats

If you want big and price is not a problem then go for something like a ProBoat Shockwave or a RTR boat like the Gator or Manta Ray from Warehouse Hobbies. Only problem is they cost over $800.

Being more realistic about it I have always liked the MRP Falcon Tunnel Hull. You can get one new with an PRO-21M-OB engine for under $250. It is fast and handles well.
Old 05-27-2003, 11:46 PM
torch1221

YOU STILL HAVE YOUR BOATS?
Old 05-30-2003, 03:22 PM
sirmaxxalot

I have a hydro in excellent condition the out board has not yet touched the water does about 50-60 mph I'm also into trucks and would consider a trade let me know
Old 06-08-2003, 03:13 AM
hifonixs

aeromarine all the way
Old 06-08-2003, 10:04 PM
hifonixs

i got 2 boats for sale a 29 sprintcat and a 48 team beliver both very fast and reliable