Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Boats General Discussion
Reload this Page >

can you lot help me please

Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

can you lot help me please

Old 02-25-2009, 04:01 PM
spike_202

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default can you lot help me please

Hello all I am new to the world of boating and im looking for some advice I have to boats 1st is a darter king (46') and the 2nd is a high wind 757, and I want to do a project as I like doing them as I have on my cars i have, the darter king as 3 550 motors and the high wind has 2 380s I was wondering if I can use to of the 550s in the high wind with out making any major mods??
And also what can I do to make my darter king to make it a beast? Well fast as im a beginner I don’t want to make it light speed as I’ll crash lol, as it’s a big boat and want to make it more powerful.
Old 02-25-2009, 04:43 PM
pompebled

Default RE: can you lot help me please

Hi Spike,

"You lot', can't help you very much, as the Darter King is the biggest dud/toy that I've ever encountered, it's only plus (to attrackt buyers) is the size, the wobbly ABS hull needs a lot of reinforcing and modding to make it go quicker than the stock 20 km/h, and you mentioned, that was not your goal.

The High Wind has a rather heavy plastic hull and the 'famous' combined receiver/motorswitching circuitboard, that can't be modded.

There have been several threads on how to make this hull quicker, by rebuilding it with a single motor, a steering servo and a rudder, needing a standard radioset.
All suffer from the heavy hull.

Put the same stuff in a lightweight epoxy hull and you'll have a fast electric, the same stuff in the HW hull gives you an electric speedboat.

Simply putting hotter motors in a boat seldom gives you the result you hoped for...

Regards, Jan.
Old 02-25-2009, 04:58 PM
spike_202

Thank you very much Jan I have read about some one putting a 540 I think it was in to the high wind so could I pop in the 550s in? I only purchased the darter king as I only paid 26pounds for it hehe witch I was verrry pleased with and I think I paid around 20pound for the high wind

I am new to the forum and im having trouble finding my way around so could you possibly post a link on to some good data on mods ,upgrades

could you also sudgest a good budget boat that can be moddified??

Thank you
Old 02-25-2009, 05:07 PM
Dan S

check this thread,

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_33...2Cwind/tm.htm#

Dan.
Old 02-25-2009, 05:37 PM
spike_202

thanks dan
Old 02-26-2009, 01:15 PM
spike_202

Last night i had been doing some in depth research into the boat and found a project that i liked and have already ordered the parts for well most of them I have ordered 2 esc's 30amp and 2x 2200mAh 11.1v LiPo Battery's 2 HXT2445 (370L) 3790kv Brushless motors and just wondering what I can do to the electronics or will hay be fine with this set up I am willing to spend money on this project but not 100s lol what could i do next? As I think I’ve pretty much got the motor's and speed control sorted its just the electronics and steering

Opinions please?????
Old 02-26-2009, 02:41 PM
pompebled

Hi Spike,

If you've got a radioset that allows the mixing of two ESC's, the plastic Flying Fish hull will be a handful to control, but fast.
Make sure the hatch is taped shut, as the Lipo's and the ESC's don't like water (at all!).

Regards, Jan.
Old 02-26-2009, 03:10 PM
spike_202

i've pmd you jan hope you dont mind